[X1C] Laggy Video Feed in Studio?

It’s random. Sometimes it’s laggy, sometimes it’s less laggy, probably depending on which of their servers you hit and overloaded it is, but I wouldn’t call it smooth even on a good day. Why can’t we stream that over LAN? Makes no sense to bounce it through their servers :frowning: At least give me a port to portforward on my router to access it remotely, then I could only blame my internet connection…

Streaming is not going over cloud :stuck_out_tongue:
It’s locally.

on me its good for about 2 - 5 sec than a lag and than again good for about 3 -5 sec

1 Like

Than something wrong with network/firewall/antyvir/OS/other.
It’s runing smooth all time.

Yes it’s pretty laggy on the phone and pc

It is very laggy for me, and the video is too dark.

I reported it here: Video Quality: Bambu Studio vs Bambu Handy - #7 by W.MFG

For those claiming this is a network issue: it is not. The video feed shown by Bambu Handy is much smoother. This takes network out of the equation.

Also when I open the video feed on my iPhone it gets super hot in only a few seconds… they need to put some work in it

yeah im pretty sure its not an network issue, there are times that the video feed in studio is fine (except the low framerate) and other times its laggy every 5 sec. and on the the smartphone (android 12) there is nearly no lag most of the time

i have ubiquiti network gear and no problems at all with network throughput on any device and its an AP AC Pro (made for 200+ Clients) directly above the printer thats in a wooden cabinet

Indeed, laggy and the resolution seem bad at 1080p…Some times am not sure if the 720 is the 1080. I have some timelapses 3-4 weeks old and they seem better. And yea the resolution from the handy app is better compared to studio and the orca slicer.

Same issue for me. Also using Unifi devices on my network. Video in Bambu Studio (both when connected to wired and wireless network) is incredibly laggy / choppy. Video is fine when using Bambu Handy on my phone.

I’m seeing pretty much what Marcel said.

yeah it seems pretty much an issue with Bambu Studio, netcode/app is not optimized, Bambu Handy it runs fine, same problem with Orca Slicer that also uses the Bambu Studio Network App, Code on Windows seems bad

Orca Slicer is the “problem”. It has to be optimized. On Bambu Handy it streams with very few lags.

No its not,
like i wrote, it just uses Bambu Studio Network App,
the Problem is on both Windows Apps Orca or Bambu Studio and
sure with Bambu Handy its fine …
thanks for repeating a 3 Month old Message …

I dont know why I wrote Orca… I´d like to wrote Bambu Studio in my phrase. You are right anyway.

yes since 2 updates ago it started…it used to be buttery smooth…

orca seem to be laggy sometimes. The app works really nice compared to both bl and orca slicers.

Has anyone figured this out?

I think it was fine for the most part and then I got brand new PC and since then it’s been crazy laggy.

I’m not sure if its the update or my pc which is brand new and near the top of the line

Dear all,

I have the X1 and Bambu studio 1.8.4.51.
The video in Bambu studio is very laggy. Often black screens for several seconds. Then a few images, not realtime, then black screen and so on.
At the same time the video on my mobile phone is close to realtime (even in fiullscreen) and very smooth. Mobile and PC are in same WiFi network. My PC is a Windows 11.

Whats wrong here?

1 Like

Mine has also been pretty laggy over the last week. Has been perfect until then.

1 Like