X1c vs p1s

I am guessing you’re referring to the “air printing” detection. It uses the AMS Lite feeder.

This wouldn’t detect spaghetti. It would detect a clog. Like if they don’t use the camera IDK how it would detect spaghetti

it does it through sensing back pressure on the extruder if it’s freely spinning with little resistance You have spaghetti, so I imagine they are just looking at the voltage and a number that would coincide with not printing against any surface

I didn’t think about that. That could actually work. And it likely would be better than some image recognition software.

Ya that’s how we sense it with the mark2s from Markforged at work so it’s a good methodology

Again smooth PEI was made for better adhesion, and textured for better releasing. Yes there is a bit more surface area but also the plastic does not seep all the way into the texture and there is some air under the print on a textured plate, hence the easier to release. PETG and TPU stick too well to smooth and can rip the surface, thats why textured was developed for durability and easier releasing. Think of a suction cup on a windshield vs a rough surface. This info is direct from multiple manufacturers of these plates, feel free to research it and not take my word for it. If you guys are getting worst adhesion from smooth PEI its either dirty, worn or just bad quality.

Pressure advance can be set manually in filament profiles in Orca slicer (not in Bambu slicer yet) or though calibration on both P1 or X1 in both slicers but its way faster and more automated on X1.

Detection of spaghetti on X1 is through the camera and uses the much more powerful ARM CPU and additional NPU (AI neural processor) to detect problems and works quite well, another big difference with the P1. The more powerful CPU runs Linux and will have more flexibility and ability for expansion in the future (eg X1Plus alternative firmware).

There is a good sale on Eryone ASA right now for $18 a roll for bulk if you guys are looking.

Bamabu and my test both agree that smooth pei is not super grippy above PLA and is way more delicate. Look at the product page if you need proof they lay it out. I use the plate a ton but the gold PEI plate is the king of just working every time

Please show me where you think Bambu says textured PEI is stronger adhesion then smooth. Im pretty sure you are confused about why glue is used. Its a release layer because without it prints stick too well to the plate and can tare it off. Textured avoids this with LESS adhesion. If they tout “stronger adhesion” its compared to cool plate. Here is the description for the smooth PEI:

Why do you think it will tare without glue? Because of bad adhesion?

And here is some more info for you from Prusa who pioneered the use of both textured and smooth PEI.

Here is some more for you:

Dont take my word, do some research instead of putting out false information. And yes I print on both smooth and textured, every single filament under the sun, with small items that often have 1 or 2 lines for the first layer, and smooth has STRONGER adhesion.

Again if your smooth PEI is not sticking well, its becasue its dirty or worn. It requires more maintenance and upkeep then textured and is a consumable part that wears out quicker then textured.

3 Likes

like i said read the product page

it requires glue for most everything and its more delicate. why argue this its been fact for 5 plus years almost. i love the smooth plate its what I use most but it has downsides

can you give me the model link to the drawer underside your p1s? looks really nice.