0.2 nozzle issues

Tried my first print with the 0.2 nozzle tonight looked like it was going well but then after about layer 3 started getting nozzle clog alarms. Using PLA…

Selected the correct nozzle on studio etc and 0.1 layer height.

Anyone out there successfully printed with the 0.2 nozzle on the A1 and got any tips?

For the A1, do you also have to change the nozzle size in the printer menu settings like you do for the X and P series printers?

Edit - It seems you do need to.

That thread also has some settings suggested for the .2 nozzle size.

3 Likes

Yeah I changed the nozzle size in the Printer Parts menu in Studio and the layer height… I will definitely have a look at the extra settings as suggested. :+1:t3:

Master Challenge: The 0.2mm nozzle Design Challenge ( 311 entries )
https://makerworld.com/en/contests/22?orderBy=hotScore&contestId=22#tab-Entries

I designed a model for the 0.2 mm nozzle contest and did test prints with several filaments: Bambu PLA basic white and blue, Jayo PLA matte and Sunlu PLA+. I print them all with the Bambu filament settings. Maybe it is the brand? I have no experience with PETG.

My model geometry is relatively simple, though. It is a lice comb, meaning that it has a lot of straight lines, no overhangs etc. What are you attempting to print? Maybe doing a simpler test print can track down the issue? If interested you can find my model via my Makerworld account “modelicious”.

Edit: due to the accuracy required for the comb my model does require me to go very slow, maybe it is the speed? :thinking: