3 suggestions for improving MakerWorld

1. On desktop, when I type in a search query and hit enter, it needs to immediately take me to the search results page, not delay and show a list of suggestions. If I want suggestions I should just be able to type and wait.

2. The search results need a better algorithm. So many times random junk models will show up first for common terms, when the model that is actually the best is way down. This even happens when a model is properly tagged and titled. Printables and Thingiverse have a much more accurate search functionality. SEO abuse will start to be more prominent (it’s already happening).

3. Create some “hard” tags. These should be pre-determined tags to better categorise things like parts and modifications for Bambu printers. Trying to find something for the A1 vs the A1 Mini is super inconvenient (the poor search functionality doesn’t help here either). These should also be sub-categories to easily browse parts and mods for specific printers. We can’t rely on the model creator adding the right tags. Especially for the larger A1. Should it be just A1, A1 Standard, A1 Large etc? This means the creator just adds all the tags and ruins experience.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion.

1. We also found this issue and will fix it soon
  2. I agree. Searching algorithm is one of the key improvements that will be included in the next update.
  3. If you want to only search models that contain print profiles of your printer type, you may use the filter here.

But usually, a print profile created for A1 may also be used for A1 mini after you adjust the object arrangements in Bambu Studio. Sometimes, downscaling may also help to make a model printable on A1 mini.

Thanks for your reply! On point #3, the issue is that the filter is based on the printer that is able to print the file, and not if it’s an accessory for that printer.

For example, the “3D printer → All” subcategory. If you filter by X1C you can still see “Waste Eater ( A1 Mini )” being the second result. This is because the X1C can print that print. My suggestion is more about model compatibility with a printer after it’s printed.

If you are new to makerworld and with new P1S, where is the best place to start learning how create a custom design in PC to getting it printing on my P1S? I am looking to make parts for things around the house and shop organization.
Thanks for your help,
DES

Many turorials on YouTube using various softwares to design. I recommend those using Fusion 360.