60% High flow E3D nozzles coming

New high flow (60% increase) replacement E3D nozzles with Ob$idian coatings are coming soon.

The nozzle has the same dimensions and there’s no mention of increased temperature ability, so should have the same melt zone.
All I missing something here? In some situations, the part cooling fan can’t keep up with the standard nozzle’s flow rate.
And due to the proprietary design of the cooling fan, it’s not easy to replace with a high flow one.
Bambu Lab, it’s good to see you partnering with other companies to expand the machines ability but please release a better part cooling fan in line with this new nozzle.

Hi there, I installed it yesterday and printed a benchy and a flow test (Orca). Benchy looks like the same as the “China HF V2 Nozzle”. The flowtest looks a little bit better than the China HF V2 Nozzle version → E3D ca. 5mm^3/s more flow than the China one.
29mm^3/s (PLA Meta Jayo) looks very good with the E3D Nozzle.
But something is strange. E3D put the hole for the resistor at a another position and you have to switch the clamp, otherwise the resistor wire will not fit. Maybay their HF design is the reason for that.

The China hotends also have the thermistor hole drilled up higher that the OEM Bambu ones.

ah ok, can´t remember… thanks. but why have E3D put the hole on the other side, so you have to switch the clamp? Can anyone doublecheck?

Is there anyone else who installed the E3D Hotend?

Good point, I didn’t notice that. Maybe the different nozzle was causing incorrect temperature readings so they moved the thermistor to make it work.

Good point. Could be. Printed now a few hours with the hotend. The E3D is a good High Flow option. if you are a very picky high performance user, it is actually the best performance option at the moment. But the price-performance from the CHT China version is definitely a no brainer.

Hi, does anyone know if there are/will be any new profiles for nozzles and filaments in the bambostudio-software (currently here 1.8.2.56), so to easy select them just via dropdown-menue? (Of course I mean only their own filaments since they cannot test everything else)?

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing. The increased flow could really help with some prints if Bambu Studio had updated profiles for the E3D nozzles. The flow rate of regular Bambu nozzles seem to be the limiting factor in some of my larger prints.

Aftermarket nozzle, aftermarket print profile?

That might be the sole reason BBL is not selling these nozzles on their store.

If the sold them they would have to support them with print profiles.