A1 maintenance and warnings

Hi, with reference to the maintenance of the A1, a few days ago I appeared on the screen to carry out the lubrication of the linear guides.
Now I wanted to ask but will the warning to grease the Z axis screws appear soon?
Which to date has not yet happened.

The A1 maintenance guide recommends relubricating the Z axis screws every three months.

I have an A1 Mini & haven’t seen a Lubricate Z as of yet…seen the Y 3-4 times.

Most likely because the bed moves a lot more than the rods and it’s used more, and also because the oil runs out faster than the grease. You need grease for Z and oil for X/Y.

What I wanted to ask, do you think the warning to grease the Z axis screws will appear.
Is there this warning option in the software?
Because I have never believed in timed maintenance, given that not everyone prints in the same way, if I print every day for 8/10 hours it cannot be the same as someone who prints once a week,

Hi p.pagliochini

I have lubed up my x any y axis at the same time when i got a notification on my A1 display.

Bought mine Jan 20. and I printed about 4kg of PLA and some PETG.
Until now I got 2 notifications on renewing lube.

I feel like once a month is recommended from their testing but “normal” people might be good for a bit longer. Long downtimes might need lubrication without real use too when dust etc. builds up.

In addition to that I would listen to your printer after it got lubed up. If the axis are getting louder it’s about time then. “Lube if it sounds worn” doesn’t mean “until it’s sparking” tho :wink:

1 Like