A1 Mini: Extrusion issue, it appears to be a clog but..no

I purchased a Bambu A1 Mini printer two weeks ago, and it has been working well until today. However, it suddenly stopped printing. Although it initially seemed like a nozzle clog issue, upon careful inspection, this doesn’t appear to be the case. I performed a cold pull to clean the nozzle and also disassembled the extruder, but both were clean. I’ve tried using new, non-humid filaments from three different brands, but the problem persists. What other potential causes should I consider?

2 Likes

What temp are you printing at, also is it PLA or PETG…??

1 Like

PLA, settings of Bambu PLA basic and Generic

Is it possible that I need to recalibrate the z offset? it seems like the nozzle is too close to the plate. I don’t understand how it is possible that the platter has lost its factory calibration. I also reset the printer to its initial settings, but that didn’t solve my problem

Welcome to the forum.

Bambu has a great wiki article about poor bed adhesion.

4 Likes

You can check the slicer z-offset in the printer settings, but it probably wasn’t changed, should be 0.
If you do a bed leveling before a print no manual intervention should be necessary.

Some other ideas that might be worth checking…

*check if the nozzle is properly seated, one time I had it so the metal clips would close, but did notice later thatt the nozzle wasn’t sitting perfectly flat on the heater pad.

*to make sure the cold pull worked, check if you can see light through the nozzle hole if you hold it against a light

*check other slicer settings (correct nozzle size, bed type), set the nozzle size in the printer touchscreen menu (maintenance->nozzle)

Hi, thank you for your advice. Believing that the nozzle is too close to the plate, from the slice I even increased the z-offset to 1mm, but I don’t see any change.

I did a cold pull again, and yes, I can see the light in the little hole, so it’s clean.

All settings are set correctly (nozzle size and plate type).

The nozzle is positioned correctly, I closed the clips, and I put the rubber sock on, but the problem persists. I really don’t know what to do anymore, I’m really demoralized and disappointed by Bambu Lab.

Hi guys, I finally solved the problem. There were some loose screws behind the component (it’s a stone) behind the nozzle, I just had to tighten them and the problem was finally solved. Support failed to help me (big fail to buyers) and I fixed the problem myself. Thanks everyone for your advice.

1 Like

Good to hear (read) that you solved the issue.

Is this something we should all check (preventively)?

what screws were loose im having this exact same problem.

1 Like

I must be dumb. I cannot figure out how to make a new post. I figured I’d click on Reply and hope someone would tell me how to do it.

Welcome to the forum.

To be able to post a new thread you need to advance your trust level to “Basic user” from your current “New User” level.

It’s fairly simple to advance to “Basic” user and takes about 10 minutes of reading.

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts