Abnormality happened in heating modules. Not a cable. Printer blocked

Hi,
I know that there is an issue with A1 cable. I’ve decided to wait for a new heatbed since the printer is really impressive, but the printer stucks with heatbed error today.
I’ve went through trubleshooting guideline and it seems that it is not a cable case.
There is 95kOhm temperature sensor and 45Ohms for heater element.
Is it possible to reset the error and just check if the bed will work? It seems that everything is ok inside.

HMS_0300_0100_0001_000D: An abnormality happened in heating modules of heatbed before. To continue to use your printer, please refer to the wiki to troubleshoot
“Due to the potential safety risks associated with these abnormalities, the heating function of the printer’s heatbed will be temporarily disabled. Restarting the printer will not restore the heatbed heating function.”
I have tried factory reset, but it didn’t helped :frowning:

I personaly build a lot of CNCs and at least 5 my desing 3d printers from scratch before it was even popular. For me all that recall and blocking possibility of printing is something rediculus.
I decided to wait for new heatbed and reduce amount of printing but right now it just stops working and in my opinion and my measurments it is firmware issue.

It will be very helpful if somebody can help with reseting the error for just give it a try.
(SSR relay on AC board inside is working fine. I’ve checked)

It looks like Bambu bricked your printer (maybe an update) until you replace the printer or the bed.

https://wiki.bambulab.com/en/a1/troubleshooting/hmscode/0300_0100_0001_000D

I think I figure out how it happends. I run print but the first layer didn’t stick well, so I canceled the print take the textured PEI away and let it cool down. I put cold textured PEI at the hot heatbed causing rapid temperature drop. That was probably treated as an malfunction of heatbed and the firmware lock the functionality till heatbed replacement.
Right now I have changed a little machine start gcode. Had remove all bed temperature settings and change Z offset for textured PEI to handle my construction with old plate from Ender3.
It is still posible right now to print on cool heatbed.

I’m waiting for tech support. I hope they will give me unlock procedure since the machine HW is ok.

If you downgrade the firmware via the Bambu Handy app it will unlock the heatbed so you can use it again

2 Likes

Thanks a lot!!! I’ve tried that using Bambu studio and printer touch screen interface where downgrading is not possible. I’ve not tried Handy app. So simple solution.
Right now my heatbed is working as it should ! :smiley: