ABS Print Is Warping Every Time

I have been trying to print a part in ABS but it keeps warping, I have tried the Engineering Plate, and the Textured PEI plate also, I have tried increasing the Nozzle temperature and the infill density, I have also tried 3 different types of gluestick and also 3D LAC and all with brtms but nothing works,I have managed to print some slightly smaller parts with this filament and they printed just fine.
Does anyone have any tips or advice for printing with ABS?
I used ABS years ago as it was the only filament available then but I only occasionally had warping and I had a heat assisted enclosure.

What printer are you using?

3 Likes

Long thin runs of filament are always at risk of warping as the filament cools in the middle layers, as the bottom is hot from the bed, the top is hot from the extruder. Instead of brims, try mouse ears, which is a brim option in Orca only. I use 3dlac also and don’t usually have a problem, unless I haven’t heated the chamber first.
Heat your bed to ~90c odd for a good 10 minutes before starting. This should get the inside up to around 40c (assuming you have an enclosed P1P, P1S or X1C).
I use the high temperature plate, I think it’s better than the engineering plate.

1 Like

I ordered some Bamu Lab ABS and it prints perfect every time, I am not buying anything else marked Overture

The X1 Carbon, I have found the quality of the filament was to blame, it was the overture filament which was dried immediately from opening, small parts will print fine, the Bambu Lab ABS I ordered prints just fine

Interesting. Thanks for reporting back.

2 Likes

That must be why i dont have any warping issues anymore after changing to bambu abs a few months ago.