Adam Savage's tested review

Adam Savage’s tested review. By Norm

4 Likes

I have no reason to buy this but the more I see it the more I want one at my desk at work. :smile: They knew!

2 Likes
1 Like

Its pretty amazing in so many ways. IMO its the most polished bambu printer. Meaning every little detail has been gone through. Im an obvious critic and even I cant think of anythingbi wouldnt be happy with if I were a buyer. It has me wondering why its so cheap. You know video game systems usually sell at a loss. They make all the money in other way. I wonder if makerworld will end up with some sort of pay wall. Or maybe data is that valuable now.

I dont even care that it throws its poop like a monkey. Im sure somebody will make an awesome fix for that.

It really is, especially when you compare it to the Prusa competition with all its 3d printed parts. The amount of injection mold tooling required to make this printer is crazy!

6 Likes

But if they manage to sell it, they have huge savings, compared to Prusa and their print farms. The A1 is basically just a set of injection molded parts, custom extruded aluminum and their own PCBs.
So, once they reached the initial tooling cost, its basically as cheap as you can make something.

1 Like

What do you mean by polished? I personally think the X1 and P1S look much cleaner because they dont have a bunch of PTFE tubes sprouting from the top, but I guess thats just my subjective opinion.

The A1 is a very nice looking machine, but I really dont see it as having an edge over the Prusa Mini in the looks department. Again, just my opinion.

1 Like

More of a finished product. More professional looking. closer to something a huge tech company would produce than an x1 or p1s. Definately more polished than a p1p. Like something thats about to be mass produced. The production tooling will even last longer. They also fixed a bunch of downsides that the larger printers have. Noise, filament feeding, filament fit, efficiency, filament tuning etc. It looks like something you would see in a lab at work also. the larger ones look like something you would just find in a teanagers room.

Gen 2 should be pretty sexy though. Theyll have better cash flow and relationships with vendors/suppliers

1 Like

Haha I personally feel like the opposite is true. I would defiatly agree that the P1P is the ugliest of the bunch. And yeah, the noise the larger printers make is not insignificant. But I still think the X1C looks sexier IMHO. I’m sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I :heart: my X1C.

1 Like

A good review. A1 something for beginners and not for me at all.

TPU on AMS ligte - not really again.

And my thought was confirmed at the end: Now I have to watch damn closely how Bambulab continues before I buy anything else from there. A lot of sun always casts shadows…

From my point of view, which doesn’t always have to be correct: If you like the A1 only, then buy it. However, there are many tried and tested beginner printers that have already proven themselves - you may get advantages that are not yet based on long-term experience, but you will miss out on a few basics that will help you later with the next more expensive printer. If you’re a beginner thinking about the A1 combo - buy the P1P and after you are in in this 3D printing thing add. the AMS and the P1S Upgrade kit and you have something to work with also with limitations but with a nice, inexpensive all-rounder package.

2 Likes

@Hank
I like the way you think.

1 Like

I ordered one two weeks after my P1S arrived during the sale

I am unsure from your comment if you ordered it before the sale started and didn’t benefit from the sale price.

If that is true, you can request a refund of the price difference as a gift card.

See the first FAQ at the bottom.

1 Like

they gave me a gift card since the P1S purchase was eligible…then after spending that on filaments etc I also ordered the A1 mini couple of days later. I need professional help. Meds maybe too :smiley:

Excellent.

Filler, stupid 25-character thing.

1 Like