Add adaptive purge lines

Similar to how this klipper plugin works, but instead of a long line in the same place, how about making the purge line much thicker, and place it near the model. So you can take it off easier when you take off model.

1 Like

I’m not sure what is the benefit of these adaptive purge lines, beyond just location change and shape change…

How would it benefit anyone?

Isn’t this just what a skirt would do? Bambu Studio doesn’t have a “skirt” option that I’m aware of but there is a work around that you can add a Brim and then sent the “Brim-object gap” to say 2 mm. But truth be told where isn’t any real benefit to it.

2 Likes

Because they are thicker and in the more in middle of build plate, they will pop off easier.

It usually takes me more time to remove the current long thin purge line than my entire model.

yes this is close, but since you can’t even turn off purge/prime line, then this is moot. And you would just have 2 primes now.

Sure you can, just edit them out of the start gcode.

3 Likes

I’ve never seen a need for a skirt, but Studio does offer it, just increase the number of loops and height:

OrcaSlicer gives you more control:

Thanks for the correction, when I checked before posting I had Process set to “Objects” and it doesn’t show it.

NoSkirt

3 Likes

Print those small bambu plastic scrapers and the purge line comes off very easily.

1 Like

They state the benefits as follows:

• No wasted probe information
    • KAMP will generate a mesh only in the area you actually need it: Where you’re printing!
    • Since the mesh area will be smaller, the mesh can be much more dense. Imagine making a 3x3 mesh, but the size of a 3DBenchy!

It becomes even more beneficial the larger the build plate. , because you aren’t wasting time probing the bed far away from where you’ll be printing. Like it says: it can either avoid wasted time or else give a more precise bed leveling in the same amount of time if you have an especially topsy-turvey build plate but need the precision anyway.

1 Like