Add build plate dimension edit?

Can you add the option to edit the build plate dimension in your software?

Thanks!

Bambu Studio already allows you to set build plate dimensions in the printer profile. What else do you need? Maybe you also want to read Print volume limitations, and how to use the full build volume 256x256x256mm³ | Bambu Lab Wiki

1 Like

I dont see where you can change xy dimensions. It only allows for z adjustment. Any insight?

What exactly are you trying to do? What problem do you want to solve?

1 Like

Make the build plate larger… lol I’m currently adding a 3rd party print profile (Kobra 2 Max). A workaround I found was using the Neptune 3 Max profile (as its the dimensions I need) and changing the Gcode/speed settings to match the Kobra 2 Max profile I have for the Prusa slicer. As of now that seems to do the trick, however, it still doesn’t solve for the root issue/question. How do you adjust the xy dimensions for the build plate?

Assuming you will have to edit the Machine JSON file.

4 Likes

OK, I see now. Indeed, there is not a way to do this in Bambu Studio, but there is in OrcaSlicer.

1 Like

I was hoping that wouldn’t be the case! If this wokaround proves to be problematic in the long run I’ll go down that route. Maybe if I’m really luck Bambu will just import their own Kobra 2 Max profile by the time I’d need it. lolol

Just out of curiously is there a reason you intend on using Bambu Studio to slice for Kobra 2 Max?

4 Likes

Keep all my FDM slicing streamlined. I’m at the point where its seamless to use

@chrisnyzio07 While checking over the Bambu Studio release improvements I noticed that in version 1.7.6 that the printable area adjustment for 3rd party printers was reintroduced. To access it you need to turn on Developer Mode in the settings menu.

4 Likes