Add Editable Parameters for Fuzzy Skin

Hi! Very impressed with our X1C. In need of additional parameters for Fuzzy Skin as the default in BambuStudio is too limiting. Cura/Prusaslicer provides options for Fuzzy Skin Thickness and Fuzzy Skin Density. Thank you!

4 Likes

Great idea, I would add that there is an option to block fuzzy skin on certain faces

3 Likes

Yes i am finding that I love the fuzzy skin affect. However, many of the models I do are jointed and the fuzzy skin adversely affects the joints. There needs to be a way to select surfaces to have the fuzzy skin. Or, select surfaces that do not get the fuzzy skin.

1 Like

I had the same issue recently and used a custom modifier to locally disable the fuzzy skin where it was undesirable.
Right click the object in the slicer, add a modifier of the appropriated shape, move/resize it and you can apply several slicer properties to it that will override the ones of the modified object where it intersects.
Hope that helps.

1 Like

Fabien, thanks for the info. I have made the modifiers and changed their setting to have NO fuzzy skin. However when i slice it, the slice still shows the fuzzy skin. Could this just be the slicer image and it will print ok?

I had no such issue, the slicer displayed correctly. I suggest you try with a big modifier that would cover half of the part so it’s super obvious that it works or not. Then you move and scale it as needed. These modifiers can be difficult to adjust sometimes.
If that first step doesn’t work can you show some screnshots? Because you may have found a bug.

1 Like

Nevermind, Duh… I figured it out. I still had the modifiers set as support blockers and not as “Modifiers”. I changed that and re-sliced and it worked. Thanks for all the Help, this will be an amazing benefit for many of my prints.

1 Like

The first image shows the model selected and the Fuzzy Skin option set to outer wall only.

The second image shows the modifier selected and showing the Fuzzy Skin option set to None.

The third image shows the slicer with what appears to be full fuzzy skin.

2 Likes

Ah I missed your message and was setting up a 3mf to demonstrate the feature, when I noticed your modifier cube was red and mine was yellow…
There is still a bug, you should not be able to modify slicing properties via a support modifier. In fact the slicer knows that because it keeps the Slice button dimmed when you change the parameters on that modifier, so the changes are properly ignored. But the UI is still displaying the options, while it should be blank.

Modifiers is very helpful @fabien, thanks for the tip!

New Bambu Studio release includes parameters for Fuzzy Skin! 1.4.0.17

The previous BambuStudio (1.3.3) had these as well.