Add folder support to SD card

Need this feature too, as faster as better :wink:

+10 We use this printer for parts for our devices we build. And we need to print the same parts regurlyā€¦ Would be perfect if we can divide the parts in folders with the names of the products it belongs too.

I really donā€™t understand why this is still not a feature. I use over 100 files on all 5 of my X1Cā€™s, which I have to scroll through every time I need to restock any of the parts I make. Combining these files into folders would be much faster and easier to work with, especially when less skilled employees manage production.

It almost smells like Bambu doesnā€™t want you to use an offline SD card to print from, and instead use cloud printing.

Listen to the community Bambulab. Thanks.

I donā€™t think itā€™s just an offline thing; I do everything via Bambuā€™s cloud, but store the files I use most often on the SD card. Which is more and more disorganised as the weeks go by :frowning:

Iā€™d also like a feature to mass-delete the video files too, but folder support is my #1, #2 and #3 request!

I endorse this function too. Weā€™re establishing a convenient click-and-print station for frequently used items among our colleagues. Sorting through disorganized G-code files can be a real challenge, especially with users of varying tech proficiency and a lengthy list of files

I really donā€™t understand why this is still not a feature. I use over 300 files on 1 X1C, which I have to scroll through every time I need to restock any of the parts I make. Combining these files into folders would be much faster and easier to work with, especially when less skilled employees manage production.

I even created a request on github.com with this request ( Adding folders to store project files on the printer #2697 ). But in 2 weeks I still havenā€™t received a single comment from the developers. They donā€™t seem to care about our requests.

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing this still isnā€™t a feature?
It should be so quick and easy to create and roll out.

Iā€™ve just set up my X1C and very surprised this isnā€™t a thing. I have dozens of files I want to keep on the printer at any one time and having them in a custom folder structure is pretty essential!

This question should not be raised here, but filled with messages from developers at GitHub

While I agree that here is not the most direct place to voice folder concerns, the GitHub repository is also for Bambu Studio not printer firmware development.

4 Likes

The developers also collect firmware problems there. At least sometimes they read user complaints there. And here we discuss problems among ourselves, but the developers donā€™t care about what theyā€™re talking about.

1 Like

Today I received a response from the developers on this topic. They reported that the issue had been taken up for discussion.

2 Likes

Not a moment too soon. I messed up a commercial order last week by selecting the wrong file for printing, which would not have happened but for the fact that everything is in the one root directory :frowning:

Great! Thanks for the report back. I hope they donā€™t just discuss it forever because what is there really to discuss? Subfolders have been around since before DOS.

100% this should be a top priority! I just bought two X1Cs as a test to potentially replace all my Prusa MK3s in my farm but not having this is a show stopper.

2 Likes

+1 Folders are such a basic convention - Iā€™m switching over from Creallity printers and canā€™t believe itā€™s not already there.

1 Like

A year on and STILL no folder support is begging to really bug me and impact the printerā€™s usability for me. I now have around 100 different items that I need to print regularly, and scrolling though page after page to get to the right file is a PITA.

It cannot be a particularly difficult feature to implement, given how it is a basic feature of pretty much every other printer out there.

So write to the developers on GitHub or leave comments in my request Adding folders to store project files on the printer Ā· Issue #2697 Ā· bambulab/BambuStudio Ā· GitHub
There is no other way to reach the developers. They donā€™t read this thread.

Thanks for that Feature-Request - i added a comment and hopefully the devs can implement it soonā€¦

If there were more comments from ordinary users, it would be harder for them to ignore this problem. And thank you for your comment in the feature request.