Add new filament type when creating new custom filaments

Would it be possible to enable users to add a new filament type . I want to add SBS. Either add sbs to the list or enable us to add a filament type . And potential derive defaults from another filament type

I use SBS filament. This is styrol-butadiene-styrol, is a co-polymer that combines flexibility with durability. It is a little bit more flexy than PLA, ABS etc, but not so flexy as TPU. It is food safe. Also SBS GLASS filament, if one wall printing, is transparent. Thus, it is very suitable for some specific applications (transparent bottles and vases, semi-flexible caps, etc.), but is not so widely available in stores and is unfortunately missing in Bambu’s filament types.
My question is how to add custom type of filament to Bambu X1C printer and to the Bambu studio?
Now it makes me to assign in printer another type, for example PETG type, for my SBS filament. Of course I have created specific filament profile for SBS in Bambu studio, but type inside it is still PETG.
I have read reddit’s recipe - edit json files.
https://www.reddit.com/r/BambuLab/comments/11493cl/push_custom_filament_settings_to_ams/
But I hope that there allredy is more user frendly way. Or will be in the future.

1 Like