Add option to print 1 plate with [Spiral vase] mode, another without?

I’m moving my designs from old model sharing platforms to makerworld, and of course working to setup appropriate print profiles for them too.

One of my designs is a self-watering flower pot. It consists of a vase-mode outer shell which holds the water, and a non-vase-mode insert which holds the dirt/plant. I designed it to use vase mode as that generally resulted in a more reliable water-tight result.

I can upload two print profile 3MFs to makerworld, but that feels wrong: it is implied that each profile would include the entire design and i’d have to somehow communicate that this isn’t the case for my profiles. i don’t want to seed a trend for people to eventually upload one profile for each build plate…

Bambu Studio allows me to set the global feature [spiral vase]. I cannot toggle this setting per-object though, and there is no option to control settings per-plate. Therefore I cannot create a single print profile 3MF that will work for all the parts of my design.

Is this so niche that it wouldn’t help others? I don’t know. It’s an issue I’m facing and it feels reasonable to add as a new feature request so here I am.

11 Likes

I would also like to have this feature. I found this post while searching for a solution, since I find myself in a similar situation: my project has some plates to be printed in vase mode, and others by layer. Interestingly, I can customize the print order for each plate, but not the vase mode.

2 Likes

I would like this feature as well with the option to set vase mode per object instead of by plate if the print sequence is set to by object for the plate.

3 Likes

+1 to this feature. Specifically, would like to add ‘Spiral Vase’ to the ‘object’ menu rather than the ‘global’ menu only

1 Like

+1 for this feature request

1 Like

I agree, we need the ability to control Vase mode per plate.

I just spent a lot of time trying to do this myself.

An example is printing the various Rose objects.

I’d like to have one plate with the Rose petals, printed in Vase mode.

And another plate with the Rose Stem, with Vase mode turned OFF.

As others mentioned, I tried per-object settings and there is no option to control Vase mode per object, even if the objects are on different plates.

It doesn’t seem to make sense why we can’t do this.

Unless I’m missing something?

1 Like

I haven’t tested it yet, but the public beta version of Studio lists the ability to have vase mode selected per plate! :+1:

This is good news and will be useful!

The release notes mention this is mainly for use in printing RC aircraft, but I feel it’s useful for many more types of prints.

2 Likes