Additional heatbed delay?

Woke up to an email from BL this morning, updating my support ticket … got excited as I thought it would indicate that the new heatbed was finally on the way … but unfortunately, no such luck. Rather, it appears they are simply communicating additional delays as they are now navigating approval with the Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC). Here’s the wording …

“In order to provide our users with a safe and compliant solution, we have been in communication with the CPSC, following the established procedures. Their latest feedback indicates that further evaluation is required regarding the specifics of the heatbed replacement plan. We have been actively cooperating and facilitating the communication process, and we expect to receive more concrete feedback in the next 1-2 weeks”.

So, it would seem that we’ve now added a little extra uncertainty to the delivery schedule, at least for customers in the US. I haven’t seen any other communication related to this (blogs, etc.), nor any other forum postings, but I am assuming others are now in the same situation?

I received this message today as well…strange that some heat beds went out to customers and already installed and now this…