Adjust tension on extruder wheels for printing very soft TPU?

yes, I understand. thank you!

One more thing Iā€™d like to add. I use a Mac computer, and if you use the Softfever version of Bambu Studio and follow the instructions for flow calibration using the built-in calibration steps, you can use the following AppleScript to make it simple to perform the instructed calculations. If youā€™re not used to AppleScript on the Mac, just launch the Script Editor.app, paste the following code into an empty document window, press run and answer the prompts:

set FlowRatio_Old to text returned of (display dialog "Please enter current (old) flow rate:" default answer "0.98") as real
set ModifierValue to text returned of (display dialog "Please enter the Modifier value that you selected when you ran the test:" default answer "5") as real
set adjusted_FlowRatio to (FlowRatio_Old * (100 + ModifierValue) / 100)
display dialog "Your new Flow Ratio value:" & space & (adjusted_FlowRatio as text)

Nice that you did that, but itā€™s only a few seconds in a calculator app to determine new values.

1 Like

Fair enough. (I need the rest of this to post that reply, apparently)

Hello tmtymmotorsport,

can you please tell me with TPU (Shore) did you use on your picture.
I dry to print a TPU 60a on my P1S with 0,6 needle and i despair !

Hope to hear from you.

Regards
Chris

You quoted my reply, but I didnā€™t post that picture, so I canā€™t answer your question. However, I think trying to use a .6 nozzle with TPU on a Bambu Lab printer may pose some significant difficulties even for the most experienced users. Also, nearly all successful TPU prints that Iā€™m aware of have been using filaments rated at about 95A shore hardness. Iā€™ve used 85A Ninjaflex with some success, but only at fairly slow speeds.

Why would a 0.6mm pose difficulties? Nozzle pressures are lower than with a 0.4mm nozzle, which is your limiting factor with TPUā€™s, meaning itā€™s easier than a 0.4mm. Bigger nozzles make things easier with TPU, within reason.

Wawww Where did you find a transparent cover for your extruder!.. It should be originalā€¦ absolutely!..

1 Like