Advice Request: 30 Degree overhang quality

Hello everyone, I am looking for advice on how to improve this particular print on my new Bambu P1s. I have printed other models with great success on this printer but this print is giving me trouble. This is the shovel part of a model rake printed in basic PLA at 100% infill. It prints with the serrated edge surface on the build plate, and only uses supports on the handle holder (the sticking-out area in the middle/back/top of the shovel).

I am having issues with some warping and rough surfaces on the layer lines on the front and back of the shovel blade when it prints the 30-degree overhang section. I have included pictures of what I mean. I have printed this same model on my stock Ender 3 v1 neo and have had perfect results, so I am not sure why this is occurring on my p1s.

Things I have tried to get better results:
-using default supports under the whole overhang
-lower the nozzle temp to 205 from 220 (should I go lower?)
-slow down the outer and inner wall speeds to 25 mm / s
-slow down the inner infill speeds to 50 mm / s
-ensure the infill type is rectilinear and not concentric

I am not new to 3d printing but would still consider my troubleshooting skills novice. If anyone knows what is happening to my print and/or what I could try to improve it, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!
Austn

Front view (shows messy print lines on 30-degree section)

Side view (shows profile and slight warp)

Backside view (for reference)

hi

A general approach is to reduce layer height and ensure adequate layer time and cooling.
Some questions to may understand the problem:

• How is the faulty region sliced, i.e. is it overhang?
  • Does printing with default settings (and calibrated filament) result in the same issue?
  • Do the P1 successful prints entail overhang?

I

1 Like

Layer height is key for over hang along with the appropriate cooling, a better fan shroud may do the trick for you as its worked for me along with slow speed for the overhang

print it vertical, stand it on one side. Use a brim, or design a detachable support if needed.

1 Like