Aftermarket Engineering Plates? with that light texture or resurface

I really like the finish the engineering plate puts on the first layer of my PLA prints. However, I noticed that there are print shadows forming.

1. is there a way to resurface the engineering plate and if so - what did you do?
  2. Are there any aftermarket plates that have that very light texture?

I have the Aftermarket PEO mosaic pattern plate and that is nice for some prints and the bambu textured plate as well - but looking for something that is similar to the engineering plate.

any ideas?

Thanks

Has yours got the high temperature plate on the opposite side? It has a nice smooth finish. Most of the aftermarket plates have a similar rough finish to the textured PEI plate but are gold coloured, or have a smooth finish with a texture that is embedded into the print, like carbon fibre. Ive not had a problem with any of them. But my main plate is a garolite (G10) sheet stuck onto one side of my gold plates as it’s good for all filaments.

Thank you for your reply - I just like the very light subtle texture and since it’s a consumable item it needs to be eventually replaced and they are out of stock at the moment.

So I was looking to see if there’s a way to resurface it because I’m getting the shadows showing on the underlying first layer of my prints and any sort of cleaning Doesn’t help. Usually sometimes a wet sanding or acetone might help but I wanted to see if somebody had done it first before I attempt it. The texture is so fine and the type of prints that I make are very small it leaves a nice finish underneath. Also hides any minor first layer imperfections where as smooth plates are not Appropriate for this project.

Thanks