Age Ratings and Filters

Feature Request: A more granular age-based rating system for MakerWorld models.

My daughter currently has a Toybox printer and is asking for something with a larger build volume. I would love to be able to get her an A1 since MakerWorld has a similar user experience in being able to use an app to select a model and start the print. The problem is that some of the models are not appropriate for younger children, even with the NSFW (18+) setting enabled.

Maybe something like this:

• Everyone
    • Models suitable for all ages
    • Hides NSFW models as well as those with rude/vulgar gestures, etc
  • Teen
    • Models suitable for teenagers and older
    • Hides NSFW models
  • Mature
    • Models suitable for adults
    • No model filtering
5 Likes

I like this idea. There’s things that are more appropriate for older audiences, but aren’t necessarily NSFW. It’s something I think about as a designer. Is my catalog family friendly? Finer controllers would make it easier to make it a family friendly experience for passer-byers.

1 Like

I agree with this, I intend to gift a printer to my nephews and I would definitely be better regarded by my BiL and my sister if the content my nephews are able to see are age appropriate.

We would need to make a list of models that are commonly agreed on for their own age cohort. Also, maybe family accounts where guardians can pick and choose which kind of models are acceptable for their own children.

It never hurts to give a parent an extra layer of protection.
I agree with this post as well, even though all my kids have flown the nest. Good idea!

Great idea! +1 Here!
Make it happen!

i think everyone and mature but the teen is just overdoing it imo i understand where you are coming from with the eveyone and mature filtering though

I’d like there to be better/faster moderation involved with this measure as not all Makers are either up-to-speed or mindful when it comes to ticking boxes.

MW is a great catalogue thats expanding quick and at times where problems can be managed more swift and in a manner which is fair an even to all parties. There is room for everyone’s interests if its moderated efficiently.