Ah yes, the man-eating plant is in the pipe

Checked up on my models on the China site, Google did a marvelous job with the translation :rofl:

Good enough to understand I’ll say :smile: Some ‘noise’ was created when the text is translated twice.

Out of curiosity, I took a look at both English and Chinese versions.

Your original text in global site is:
Mario Dice Tower (Piranha Plant in a Pipe).

IMO, it is translated accurately during the migration, in particular this part, which involved understanding the context (perhaps from the photos):

“Piranha plant” was accurately translated to “食人植物” (man/flesh-eating plant).

I’m impressed because if you think of it, a translation without context would have translate “Piranha plant” to the CN equivalent of “piranha fish” and “plant”, since piranha is a fish species. But that’s not the case here.

Perhaps BL had a person who did it manually or vet it. Nice work I must say :clap:

The second time translation is more difficult as Google Translate won’t have the context, so it’ll literally translate 食人植物 to “man-eating plant” (which is not wrong) and understandably will never have guessed to associate the term to piranha (a fish).

I suspect the words “The” and “is” were added by Google Translate to try to make a more complete sentence.

Ok, this used up my remaining brain cells for the day.

1 Like