Alexa Integration

Wouldn’t it be nice to just say “Alexa, how much time is left on my Bambu print job”.
If Bambu won’t put in Alexa Integration natively then is there any way to do this another way. I have some large prints using an X1C and it would be nice to check in on them remotely for time left. I know I can use the Bambu Handy App but Im lazy and want to do it with a voice command.

Have you looked into using Home Assistant?

4 Likes

I do the Home assistant route and like it a lot as a dash board for the printers. It’s much easier to organize the information you need. The only problem is getting the video feed can be… not reliable. Things like percentage complete, time remaining, having an image of the print like it shows on the screen on the printer… that kind of stuff though works awesomely!

2 Likes

Ive looked at it but currently use HomeSeer for integration between my alarm panel and Alexa. I would have to introduce another integration device/software if I don’t need it, plus The setup for this on Home Assistant looks to be pretty complicated.

Googling “Bambu HomeSeer” brought me to this thread…

3 Likes

I got the mcsMQTT server and plug-in installed on my system and even got it connected to each other. Now I have to figure out how the printer (which should be acting as a MQTT Client) gets configure as I don’t see any menus to set this up on the printer.