Allow for x-y and hole compensation to be a filament-based setting

I’m constantly doing multi-material prints and commonly with the new PETG-CF mixed with some Prusament colors for labeling. The issue I’m having is that the precision of the x1c is not good at all when it comes to hole dimensions. I’ll see dimensions that are 20 thou off the actual dimension. This would be fine if I could use the x-y hole compensation but it isn’t possible in multi-material printing. Can this setting just be added to each filament so it’s not a global variable? This would help immensely instead of me having to remember and write down the compensation I need for each different type of filament and adjusting my CAD model to those values.

1 Like

If you use Orca Slicer, there is a filament setting for shrinkage.

Might be what you are looking for.

This is close to what I’m looking for, however I don’t need shrinkage everywhere. The x-y outside dimensions of parts is phenomenal, the issue is only with the holes. Having the x-y hole compensation is great but I don’t understand why it can’t be used with multi-material.

1 Like

Well, its the only thing I could find. Neither different parts nor modifiers offer the ability to change xy hole compensation values. Would be indeed nice if it could at least be applied on the parts/modifier level.

1 Like

Totally agree.

I just wanted to create a similar feature request for my new X1C. Unfortunatly I see that your post is already a year old, so I fear there will be no solution in the near future if there is not even an answer here.

My request text:

Unfortunatly X-Y compensation is not use able for prints with multiple color or material. This is especially bad because the X1C has problems to assure dimensions and especially hole sizes and there is no basic configuration possible to change overall dimension X-Y related parameters in the printer itself (e.g. Steps per Unit Setting, not even within a specific range as between 98% to 102% to make some fine tuning on your specific machine possible).