Allow users to disable MakerWorld features in Bambu Handy

Please allow us to fully disable any and all MakerWorld features in the Bambu Handy app the way I am currently able to with Bambu Studio.

Like most makers involved in 3D printing, My response to being forced into any sort of ecosystem is one of extreme and visceral umbrage.

I am not interested in MakerWorld. I will not be using MakerWorld. I don’t want to see or hear about MakerWorld. I am certain I am not the only one.

The current approach of throwing it in my face in the Bambu Handy app is incredibly frustrating and unappealing.

It should be entirely my choice. Setting it as a default display is not a convenience. It’s an annoyance. At least in the case of Bambu Studio, I have the option of using alternatives such as Orca Slicer if need be - but not so with Bambu Handy.

I love the hardware, but even baby steps towards a closed ecosystem is a massive turn-off - and I assure you myself and others (who have been skeptical about a proprietary system from the start) are going to have second thoughts about this.

4 Likes

Totally agree. I want to use my app to view, control, or stop prints, not browse models or try to send things to my printer.

1 Like

You know you can change it so it opens to the device tab, right? Then you won’t see anything.

Bambu, if this ever results in one of my prints winding up in some public print database without my knowledge or consent… so help me god I will tear you all a second asshole.

1 Like

Yes. I do know that, and I find it inadequate, hence submitting a feature request.

Hahaha. Thanks folks I needed that laugh today.

3 Likes

Mhm so you guys bought into a closed ecosystem now complaining that’s its a closed ecosystem :thinking:. If you hate it so much don’t use Handy :person_shrugging:. I haven’t been bothered by it since I switched device view as my default view

Just go to “Me - Settings - Home Page ➔ Devices”.

1 Like

It would be good to allow hiding it. Though the current implementation is by far not as forced as Creality Cloud, it still would be nice to be able to hide it.