Alternatives to Bambu Glue Stick

I use Elmer’s washable school glue stick (purple) on the engineering plate for PETG. It works well. Easy to wash off and easy to remove the printed parts.

2 Likes

I use first price stick glue (supermarket Auchan in France) and it’s better than bambu Lab glue on PETG or ABS. But the stick glue more expansive are bad to print. We must try many stick glue to find the good (washable, good adherence…)

1 Like

I ordered mine from them 3 weeks ago and it still shows like 2 weeks in transit. They are literally sending it via boat from China (says on on the tracking site). And this was direct from Wham Bam System’s website and fastest shipping option. Of course it said nothing about a 5 week ship time at order.

Where are you located at? I am in the USA and it has taken less than a week for my orders.

Iowa - damn smack in the middle of the US. Not sure what is up with it or why it’s taking this route, completely unexpected. I had a stroke and heart attack the day after ordering so haven’t had the energy to reach out to them… but found it to post here. Odd world:)

I use a glue stick on my Ultimaker3. I tested UHU, PRITT and PELIKAN and have been using the BLUE PELIKAN glue stick ever since. For me this is the best.
but since the Ultimaker has a glass bed, I can’t say here how and whether it works on the Bambulab bed

reguards
Dome

1 Like

I NEVER had to use glue stick on ANYTHING in my printing career until I got the Bambu Textured PEI plate. It is absolute trash and requires glue stick for literally everything I print on it. Makes me wonder if it’s even actually PEI, because the Chinese aftermarket smooth and textured PEI plates work fantastically and never need glue.

Any real differences between Prusa,and Bambu glue sticks anyway? I don’t use either of them. Magigoo is alright but for the money, Nano works the best and no shiny residue on the bottom of the print, no messy glue cleanup, etc.

1 Like

Spookyoliver already asked if one could use 3Dlac instead of glue.
There was no respons to that suggestion.
I’ve been using 3Dlac on my creality and that works fine.
And tried it now on the BL-plate. That seems to work fine as well.
After a number of prints just clean the plate with water and apply a new thin layer of 3Dlac.
Onyone comment on the 3Dlac?

FWIW, I haven’t needed any glue stick when printing PETG on the Bambulab textured PEI plate. It adheres well when the plate is hot, and it releases without much struggle when the plate has cooled off.

2 Likes

maybe I got a defective non-PEI plate, because it’s BAD

I use Vision Miner nano polymer adhesive. Not cheap, but always works well.

2 Likes

I don’t know whether it is affecting those having trouble or not, but correctly aligning the build plate on the heating plate isn’t easy. It tends to hang-up on the alignment tabs at the rear, forcing the bed leveling to do more than it’s probably intended to. It takes me several attempts to get it correctly aligned every time I re-insert the plate into the machine.

Do NOT use 3D LAC. I tried on both the Cool Plate and the Engineering Plate. On Cool Plate with PLA, the prints were flying off. I think the defaul 35ºC is just too cold for it, not sure if I tried 55ºC or not. On the Engineering Plate with ASA, it just stuck to the bed and would come off other than scraping it with the metal scraper which of course left some marks.

No. Not here. I am using the BL textured Plate for PLA, PEI, TPU with NO glue stick and am getting good adhesion and am able to pull of the printed objects with no problem… Not sure what is wrong with your settings ? You have a problem with adhesion or getting the stuff off the plate ?

Lol if it’s my settings then it’s everyone’s settings, because it does it on defaults. Prints will literally fall off the plate if I turn the aux fan up to 100.

When did you write that you have been using default settings ? When did you write that it is about adhesion ? Sorry, man, if you don’t to be helped, than I can’t help

LMAO man you’re something else. I also never wrote that I wanted your help, but ok.

You wrote to me " It is absolute trash and requires glue stick for literally everything I print on it." This is what I commented, since it is abs. not true. Not at all.

1 Like

You’re really, just wow, something
…amazing