Am I expecting too much from x1c benchy

Hi all, new x1c owner. The benchy looks good but the lower half looks different than the upper layer wise, the bottom lettering weren’t as sharp as I expected and the back lettering was unreadable with a couple of minor flaws throughout. Everything is default and the benchy is rhe supplied one.

Am I expecting too much?

In short, yes. The internal benchy is setup to be fast, it isn’t optimized for looks by any means. If you want a pretty benchy, download the bechy and slice it yourself to your preferred settings.

1 Like

Ok, thanks, that is what I figured. I’ve been playing around with the slicer and will get a benchy in there. I"m used to cura and this is a little different. I printed a purge bucket and the ams removal tool already. Any other suggestions? Also, I got the textured pei plate it is the same thing on both sides. Am I crazy or did I read it was supposed to come with a “cool plate” as well?

No problem. There is a lot of useful posts on here about getting good wall quality and such, just search around.

They used to come with the cool plate, they have since started sending with the textured plate. I use it for pretty much everything. Just make sure to wash it with dish soap and hot hot water. I give mine a once over with a coarse brillo pad every couple washes.

Instructions said to put glue on it and I haven’t even bothered, so far it is perfect as is.

Tip

If you Right click on a build plate, select “Add Primitive”, the slicer has a built in Benchy model.

They used to come with only the “Cool/Engineering” plate but recently X1C’s have been shipping with the Textured PEI plate instead.

1 Like

Ahh thanks, that is good to know. I’m playing with supports right now. Kind of surprised you have to go to advance to turn off the wipe tower(why is that even there with this?) and turn on interface only when using support material.

It is more of a prime tower, it just helps to equalize the pressure in the nozzle and is very light weight.

I’ve been disabling it because it adds so much time, is that a problem? I"m not super happy with the support material either way so far as it did not come off easy and still scarred.