AMS auto refill

I would like to be able to preselect spools for the auto refill function.
Printed with 3rd party black PLA and had a Bambu black PLA in AMS but it is by Bambu studio NOT considered to be “the same” filament.

@Pimmp You just change it … are you saying you cant or something is stopping you?

My process

1. Let it auto select Bambu RFID scan any Bambu Filament- and I asusme your configuring your other PLA.

2. Manually “pretend” your other PLA is actually BAMBU PLA etc.
    2b. With a Bambu RFID tagged Spool you dont get the “pencil” to alter Bambu spools - solution, if you want to do that, is cover,remove the RFID tag from the Bambu Spool - and manually configure it like your “other” PLA.

3. Then go into Device, AMS, Auto-Refil and make suire that its configured correctly to use the correct slots, in correct order. eg see my Picture below, I want Grey A1, slot, 3/4 used Bambu Tough, to be used first in Group 1.

4. When slicing and sending the print, make sure the AMS slot is chosen for the correct spool, eg usually the one that has the least left on it to use it up before swapping over to the other ‘full\new’ one.

This process works for me … even across different types of filament. brands, slots etc.

E.g. You can force it to print PetG or TPU and then pickup ABS or PLA and continue printing - it doesnt care - your print will really suck and fall apart, but if you configure the AMS slots its all the same - Steps 1-4 - then … it just prints it like that.

1 Like

Got it. Thanx @DruiD. I did not have the setup like that since i´ve created a profile and calibrated the other filament. First time the spool ran out of filament. Now I know how to be prepared.

1 Like