AMS cannot retract filament

Which filament sensor? (There are at least 3) The one inside the primary extruder, the one inside the AMS hub under the AMS, & the one you feed filament directly into… Thank you in advance!

I just got the dreaded “Failed to retract filament” error. A clogged nozzle will also cause this. So check that first. And I mean remove the tube going into the print head and it you are starring at filament you need to clean that out.

I just got this error message on a brand new machine on it’s fourth print, Its first big print. I used the carbon fiber film in that came with the machine. The print completed successfully… On my way home to investigate…

Hi,
Most likely the problem is caused by the “wrong” angle the ptfe tube (and the filament) has by entering into the hotend. Due to high friction the AMS is not capable of pulling back the filament. I got rid of the problem by mounting this PTFE tube guide : Printables. The problem has not completely gone though (let’s say 90%).
There are also other versions oft the tube guide (remix variant). In the end I have choosen the variant linked above. Try it out.

Cheers, T

2 Likes

hi could you help elaborate what you mean by “replacing the ams hub3” ? i have the same issue and am finding a solution. for me it is on ams slot 4 others seems fine at this point.

Same issue and used a youtube video to resolve. I can’t link the video but the title is:

How to Clear Broken Filament from the Bambu Lab AMS
by: 3D Print Stuff

Good luck and hope it helps.

I just got mine and I am having the same issue in space #1