AMS didn't switch to slot 4 after filament runout

Running a print trying to use up the last bits of a few rolls of filament on my X1C. I lied to the AMS and told it that all the slots had the exact same filament (they’re all PLA, just different colors, but I set all the colors to black). It switched from slot 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 no problem. Then, slot 3 ran out, and it didn’t switch to the roll in slot 4. I was just printing from that slot with that particular Bambu filament prior to the current print. The white light was on. I tried pulling and refeeding the filament in the same slot and hitting retry and it wouldn’t pick it up. I finally moved the filament to slot 3 and it’s printing from there no problem. I guess my next print will (hopefully) be from slot 4, to test it out. Any other ideas? Thanks!

Did the AMS still had the one spool in slot 4 setup as a Bambu Lab spool? They detect those spools via RFID and Generic PLA is not the same as Bambu PLA for the printer, so it will not automatically continue to print as it would detect a filament change.

As far as I could tell, the AMS believed me when I told it that the filament was generic black PLA. I disabled sync on power on and turned the printer off with the slot empty then loaded the filament with the printer off. The little dot did not turn to white, which the filament was. This strategy worked twice before.

On a side note, it would be really nice if Bambu would give you the option of directly overriding the RFID tags, or at least ignoring some attributes of the filament, like color…