AMS disappears

Hello friends / Bambu Technical support ,
I have a problem with my printer X1C, after ten minutes of printing, the AMS disappears and the red light flashes in all places of the spools, and there is no AMS in the Bambu Handy App or in Bamboo Studio or on the printer screen with the message AMS is not connected with all that, the printer continues to print and change colors normally??
Please Help.

1 Like

I have not encountered this or remember anything similar being reported. Has it happened on multiple prints? Did it only start happening after the latest firmware update?

Things to maybe try:

Reboot the printer by removing power for a minute then plugging it back in

Reseat both ends of the AMS cable

If possibly firmware related, try reverting to the previous version and then reapply the current. I had a previous firmware that did not fully apply correctly and it was solved by doing this. This latest firmware release included an AMS update as well.

I had a similar problem as yours. I first checked the cable connections. The problem still was there so changed out the cable with a new one. Problem was fixed for me.

1 Like

I’ve tried all of that and it doesn’t work.

Do you mean a connection cable between the printer and the AMS or the AMS internal cables?

Printer to ams. Since i have two ams it was the cable between the two ams.

1 Like

No. It will request you to do a manual change.
However an AMS “reboot” is likely to solve the issue and allows to continue printing.
Disconnect the cable (buffer to printer) cable in the printer side and plug it again and/or the AMS to buffer cable.
I am having the same issue, but still unsure of the cause, even so the most likely is the cable followed by the boards.

1 Like

I had this same issue early this year, drove me nuts and spent hours trying to isolate it to one part. After trying cable and AMS hub swaps which did not work we eventually swapped the small AMS interface board just inside the back of the printer and the problem hasn’t happened since.

Yes, the printer continues to operate normally and changes colors automatically, and it appears on the printer screen that it is printing from the external spools.

Thanks for sharing; it works differently from mine.
It’s odd, as four red lights mean faulty communication, so the AMS shouldn’t work.
And the printer, knowing that it does not have an AMS, should require your intervention.

2 Likes

just got my x1 carbon… AMS doing identical BS. I did all sorts of things to fix it. spent a long time and almost took a sledge hammer to it just for fun! I managed to get it to work but nothing I did was the obvious fix… Guess I’ll wait and see how long it lasts. I had a P1S before this one which was also new and the AMS worked perfectly. This is the same AMS so no idea what’s up.

Have you checked to see that the AMS is updated to the latest firmware? An older AMS interfacing with a new machine might be part of the issue.

4 Likes

Hello, I am having serious problems with Bambu Lab x1c. I can only print 1 out of 3 prints. Today, I noticed that there was an extra 30cm of filament left in the PTFE that I last used 1 month ago. Very serious problems. I don’t know why it does this and how to solve it. There is a different problem every day.