AMS for P1P does not have automatic filament backup

Looks like in the current AMS firmware version ( 00.00.05.75(20221215)), the option to enable automatic filament backup is not there. Does anyone know when that is coming? tks

I sent support a ticket for that I had the same problem they said :

The AMS auto switch filament function is a new feature in the X1 series firmware that we just updated last weekend. The original firmware for the P1P was released earlier, so this feature was not yet added. We expect to add this feature in the next version of the P1P firmware update. So stay tuned. Thank you for your support!

Its 2023/02/14 now, the P1P AMS’s latest firmware version is still 00.00.05.75, is there any progress yet?

Interesting for me as well.

I also have lots of p1p’s and very interested in this feature

There have since been 2 firmware upgrades to the p1p so far, why is this such an issue? I mean since this has already been implemented in the x1 carbon, I can’t imagine an excuse that makes sense other than “oops, sorry we keep forgetting to flip this switch to on every time we upgrade the firmware” I could really use this feature on my 3 p1p’s and I’m sure I’m not alone. Is there any firmware Bambu employees monitoring these forums?

2 Likes

I am waiting for this feature too. Not buying an AMS until this gets enabled.

Interesting, my X1C has the option, it was enabled before starting prints and won’t shift

The X!C has always had this option, it’s the P1P’s that have an AMS that this feature is NOT available, which makes little sense.

I haven’t read the new P1P update but hopefully that fixes it for y’all .

Maybe helpful for some of you… I posted the solution for P1P user already in a different thread.

For me, no “auto switch” was selectable in BambuStudio. SOLUTION: Download BambuStudio V1.5 beta from GitHub. With that and the latest Firmware I got the AMS auto switch filament feature back in BambuStudio!

I have downloaded the public beta v1.5 and have the latest firmware 01.02.01.00, and not seeing the new filament backup AMS setting on any of my p1p’s in Bambu handy

Same Software / Firmware here withe my P1P and AMS.
We are both talking about these settings?

when I click the gear icon in bambu studio, I get this error: “Current AMS settings do not support using an external spool”

Also in Bambu handy → AMS settings → AMS auto switch filament - does not show
image|563x500

2 Likes

the AMS backup filament setting is now showing in the latest Bambu_Studio_win-v01.05.00.60

First select a AMS slot next to the External Spool slot. Then hit the settings button again.

1 Like