AMS HT for 3 and 5 kg spools

It would be nice to have an AMS HT that could handle a 3kg or 5kg spool. I’m guessing you could sell quite a few to print farms. It would allow for cheaper rolls, less waste, and reduced labor for changing out rolls and/or splicing butt rolls. You could call it the AMS HT Pro.

I doubt that this will happen, especially since BambuLab don’t sell big spools themselves.

I have a bunch of 2,5kg spools and I just respool onto BambuLab spools and then dry them. That also allows to use them in the AMS and in storage I have just a single size.

Stay tuned…3kg/5kg enclosures with spool adapters for most brands - designed to run with AMS-HT for heating/drying and feeding/retraction. A couple more revisions to handle the larger spool on top (very common 5kg spool)
Only mod to AMS-HT is removing the lid, lid “handle” with magnet for closed lid sensor, and replacing soft rollers with replacement pulley to drive pulley on spool adapters (all mods can be restored)

*Currently needs H2 series to print the housing in two parts - future plans to break it up for assy with smaller printers.

/scl/fi/gtaj1uyhh5tptsv2o3zzw/IMG_20261004_203148.jpg?rlkey=y1fvmv4dxcb4tzdduw22nerl3&st=nzugoian&e=1&dl=0

/scl/fi/mo1cjl4y6yhgxrsnhyf66/3kg_5kg_AMS-HT.jpg?rlkey=dx5k4ea2a5oceu7d29p7e7rb7&st=zqt84gv9&e=1&dl=0

add

https:// www DOT dropbox DOT com /

to the above (without spaces)

giphy (27)