AMS skip auto refill

I just had a print stop because I ran out of filament.
When I sent the print job, the Auto Refill was active and indicated it would switch from A4 to A1 (Group 1). When A4 ran out, I got a message via the app that I needed to add filament.
The only thing I can think of is that the PC that runs Studio is not connected to the internet (I disconnected from internet after sending the print job). If that is the case, then Studio actually sends the command to the AMS to change to A1? I would have thought it was local at the printer (X1-Carbon).

Auto refill has worked well for me. The one time it didnā€™t was because I accidentally made the backup spool slightly different from the original spool (different K value or some other setting).

That was my problem! I did not know I needed to activate with that preference.

I have a large print coming up that will need to finish using the tailings from a partial spool of the same filament and color. Do these 2 spools need to specifically be in A1 and A3 and if yes, which position does the virgin spool need to be placed? Seems like it could be any position? This is for an X1C with the AMS (obviously).

Welcome to the forum.

The spools can be in any slot. The key is to make sure the auto refill function is enabled and to make sure the slots show correctly. When sending the print you can click on ā€œAuto Refillā€

Auto Fill 2

And it will show you want slots the printer AMS are sent to refill with.

Auto Fill

OK, So I have this all set up and all looks correct - as I have the dialog box shown below,

Is this telling me it will use Slot A3 first the slot A1?
I would like to use A1 till empty then A3 - how can I change this?

In Bambu Studio I have the filament in A1 selected for the part (object) not A3, so I am not sure why its defaulting to using A3 first then A1.

Thanks?

I try tapping (on device) or clicking in BS on the arrows and they dont seem to changeā€¦

2024-04-30_10-06-08

Then you send the print to the printer you can select which slot is used first.

OK, so i send it to printer and then another dialog box will appear and in that, it will let me select which filament to print first?

Yes as detailed here.

1 Like

Thank You, I will try that next time !

FYI a visual for that: