AMS2 Pro to A1 - additional hardware needed?

Sorry, I worded my response poorly… it’s (the new A1 hub, the original AMS hub or the original AMS buffer) needed for connecting any of the full size AMS units to the A1 series printers, even if it’s just one unit.

Then its false statement. Its needed in any case as its regulates the tension.

So: AMS lite: not needed - any other AMS (starting from one): needed

Currently printing my first model with an AMS1 connected to my A1 through an original AMS filament buffer! :grinning:

How many amses on the a1 mini? Different combinations of ams types?

Four of any combination of anything you want except the AMS Lite. Potentially $1800 worth of AMS and filament feeding a $249 A1 Mini.

With my first print, the model I selected was switching filaments on each layer so there was a lot of filament changes overall. Every hour I’d get an unknown error that seemed to be asking me to help it out retracting filament. I eventually gave up on it and printed a single color model. The single color worked fine. I don’t know if my unique setup was the issue or firmware bugs but I suspect there are some limitations between an AMS1 connected to an X1 and the AMS1 connected to an A1.

Any updates to this? It looks like to use the AMS 2 Pro with an A1 I’ll need the power cable for drying and the new A1 adapter, but I’m still not sure because the store page is unclear. I’m guessing the buffer and bus cables are still only for the X1/P1?

I did see the wiki linked above - it looks like the adapter comes with the 4-pin cable, so I’m guessing I only need to buy the new adapter and the power cable for drying.

This is the required hub.

It comes with everything needed to run an AMS.

If you require the drying features of the AMS 2 Pro, you need the additional switching power adapter

I understand your confusion as despite making the A1 series compatible with the AMS family, they appear not to have updated much in regards to the store listings and ease of access to all the related printers.

It is technically possible to use an existing P or X series buffer or hub as others on the forum have found.

Thank you for the clarification. First time using an AMS and going with the AMS 2 Pro since I didn’t get the Lite originally.

I donated the AMS lite I got with my A1 mini. I hadn’t thought his annoying it would be just manually inserting filament like the stone-age people (myself included did).

I have a couple of spare AMS units, so I figured I would grab the A1 buffer.

It is not available until the 1st of December in the U.K. at the earliest, we didn’t even get one in stock.

I only have 4 other printers with 8 other AMS units, I am unsure how I will cope, I will be strong though.

I plan on getting a proper one when they are eventually in stock for the UK

You and me both.

I can wait, but I reserve the right to whinge.

What is the newest update on this

Malcs post has all the info needed