Anyone Else want a better graphical display for the P1P/S

An old tablet with the app is the best display.

Not a solution for all those users, that have the printer in LAN only mode. Like me.
In LAN only mode the app does not work. All users who use LAN only have a reason for it.

1 Like

Not a bad Idea, I do have a tablet in the man shed that is used for other machinery.
If I am right though, it only shows objects that were sent though the cloud?
Ideally if they could simply change the handy app so that it will let you choose from any stored file on the SSD regardless of whether it was copied to the SSD directly, through the lan, or through cloud, that would do it.

Like I said earlier I occasionally just want to walk up to the printer to reprint an old object that is stored on the SSD but identification via name only is hard.

The display isnt bad on the zp1 series. Yes they should have done something better but they didnā€™t and probably arenā€™t going to.

Everything that needs to be done can be done on the screen.

Besides you ha e a touch screen for the P1 it is a cell phone tablet PC etc. 98-99% of stuff is done on one of those devices.

As for knowing what is printing. This is why you can name the part. And besides the screens that are out there for the P series look redicoulous. It is all just the cool factor etc.

Anyways my 2 cents.

You cannot change filament type in AMS from P* LCD.

My PC is on another floor and I often forget to take a phone with me when going to printer floor.

Iā€™ve planned to just mount old phone horizontally on P* butā€¦ mobile app doesnā€™t support horizontal mode (and vertical looks so ugly when mounted).

Soā€¦ there are valid reasons why P* lcd sucks and is barely usable.

Lan only and Tablet Support horizontal is a Project for Bambu Lab.

Well then take your phone with you this is the idea of the app. Your right you ca nt change filament. And as for pc in other room do is mine. That the main way i run the machine.

I get that it doesnt do everything everyone wants it to and looks a bit outdated. But it does work.

The industry is getting to the point where printers are starting to not have screens. You operate the machines online.

Also if it is that bad the maybe the x1 should have been your choice.

BIGTREETECH has the place holder for the Panda Touch on their Aliexpress store.

Itā€™s interesting that its running via an ESP32S3R8. That should help to keep the cost down.

2 Likes

$479.20??? I understood the MSRP would be under $100 USD. Iā€™ve seen some info suggesting starting at $29.99. Weā€™ll just have to wait to see.

Itā€™s a place holder price so they can get the listing up before release but no on in there right mind will buy it.

Iā€™ve seen the $29 price but Iā€™m sure that will only be for the first 10 units tomorrow morning at the release. Iā€™d expect it be between $60-80.

2 Likes

Sub $100 is a fair price imho. But $29.99 would be the beeā€™s knees. Iā€™ll see you tomorrow morning bright and early. lol

I got one for 35.- :smile:
Looking forward to installing it.

Now up for preorder on their site as well, $59, same as Aliexpress. Free shipping.

Watch out! The Ali page only sells the V1 now, but I luckily catched the V2.

How would there be a V2 when the screen hasnā€™t been released at all as of yet?

1 Like

I know, but thats what they say on Ali Express:

Bigtreetech panda touch v2.0
5-Zoll-Touchscreen-Multidruckersteuerung Funks teuerung fĆ¼r bambu lab x1 bambulab p1 a1 Drucker

This is exactly what I did and itā€™s working out perfectly. I hardly ever touch or look at the P1S screen anymore

3 Likes

The translation feature on ALI is trash. The english version says 1.0. The german one says 2.0. It will say v1.0 for both languages within the ā€œcolorā€ selection.

Donā€™t trust any auto translations on ali. Just use the english version or chinese. Their auto translator especially has issues with any measurements or numbers. It will straight up translate units, but not their value and stuff like that. Never ever rely on that sad piece of translation technology they use.

hehe, good point. I usually use English because I also got annoyed about the German translations. But it always defaults to German if I am not logged in. And I really did not expect that the translator messes up digits. What a poor implementation. :pensive:

I clobbered together two models within the first few days of owning my printer, and a few months later itā€™s still one of the most useful prints Iā€™ve made.