Anyone Else want a better graphical display for the P1P/S

I have seen some third party displays, but they dont show the image of the models. I would really like to see an official addon that would let me see the 3d image of the models on the display. To me that is the biggest let down on the P1P/S. While it did not bother me at first as I can control it from the PC. It would be nice sometimes to just walk up to the printer turn it on and select an item to print. But I find it difficult without Seeing the image to make sure I have selected the right one.

Even if the upgrade requires a new board, I would be happy to do it.

4 Likes

Really the only way you will get the features you seek is to sell your P series and buy a X series. Simple as that. I highly doubt Bambu will canalibse their X line by releasing an official P series display upgrade.

5 Likes

Yes (title). Especially that cheap A line has better displays than P line.

4 Likes

Same.

And I highly doubt most X line buyers bought only for the better screen.

In my opinion, Bambu Lab only stands to benefit by selling additional accessories. I suspect it will never happen though since they are likely putting their limited resources into more profitable ventures like building new printers. They’d have to sell a boatload (tens of boatloads?) more screens in order to make the same profit as new printer models could make them.

2 Likes

Valid point. I would be happy to be wrong about Bambu not releasing an official upgrade.

5 Likes

For me personally it is not necessary. I am working with Klipper and fluidd on my other printers and don´t have any display on them. Everything is done via Laptop/Phone/Tablet.
BUT in my opinion Bambu should offer a touchscreen upgrade for all who like to have it.

2 Likes

I feel that if Bambu can offer a nice touch screen on their lowest cost printer A1 mini, why not an upgrade to the P series? Now their new lower cost printer the A1 has a nice touch screen also.

4 Likes

I’d be cool with a mainboard upgrade to support more advanced features, better camera, lighting and a newer screen. I don’t think I’ll be ready to buy another printer vs upgrade to the P2P/S or whatever they will call it. My P1P/S is doing just fine right now.

2 Likes

I agree, very very minimalistic… I found the send to SD card very convenient but would be great to be able to manage the sd card content (delete basically)
May be it exist but have found it (beyond ftp)
Also retrieval of Timelapse is too cumbersome
But I am amazed by this printer!

Sure a touchscreen would be nice, but I’m content with the display it has. I have really only used it occasionally. My phone+Handy app is the touchscreen for most things.

1 Like

just print a phone case and stick a spare cellphone on the printer to run BambuHelper app.

Maybe there comes near time a display and hotend :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Introducing the Panda Touch, a sophisticated 5-inch touchscreen interface designed for seamless integration into bambu p1/x1 series. This Plug&Play device offers a customized UX&UI system, WiFi connectivity, and magnetic charging for on-the-go use.

11 Likes

I’m happy with my xtouch display but that looks pretty good.

It won’t ever be on the same $10 price point of xtouch hardware but it will be interesting to see how refined the operating system/UI is. BTT usually does a pretty good job and all software is open source.

4 Likes

It looks a little bit like the Creality Sonic Pad. But why not. My first experience with klipper is made with the sonic pad :slight_smile:

Xtouch dev is looking to add the features you are wanting Techno I’d advice keeping an eye on that project.

I don’t have any issues with the display. I have both the P1S and Carbon version and don’t really use the display very much. Prefer more attention put on the APP and the Computer interface which I use all the time.

2 Likes

The PandaTouch is a dream come true for Farm owners. The Master+Slaves feature sounds awesome.

1 Like

That would be great something like the BTT pad7 if they can’t manage to give us the option of an X screen