Anyone tested LW-PLA on the X1?

The title pretty much sums it up.
So, anyone?

Yes, me.

I modified some start G-code to remove the calibration, and make purge at 180C (so it’s not foaming), then this is my current settings:

7 Likes

Ok, so once I learned how to modify g-code I can test it myself. :smiley:
I’m more the “here is the file, so print it” user. :flushed:
Thank you for your reply. :+1:

1 Like

I can definitely share my profile to make it a “click and go” situation for you, but it probably needs a little fettling first.

Funnily enough you’re the second person to bring up LW-PLA in the last week so I already had it on my list to stick back in the printer and test a little more with.

Let me know when you’re looking to print with it and I’ll share the current state of my profiles if I’ve not posted something “finished” by then.

7 Likes

Realy? I searched, but did not find anything about lw-pla.
I would be happy about any help you can provide me.
I’m planning to build a plane with it, and most of them use lw-pla, at least for some parts.
Currently, I’m still waiting for my printer. I hope it get’s delivered within the next days.

1 Like

Sorry, I should have been more clear; it was discussed on the Bambu Lab Discord server.

If you’re looking to build a plane then some of them require a specific printing mode that only certain slicers can do

2 Likes

Ah, that’s why. I’m not on discord.

Yes, I’ve read that too.
No problem, if that does not work: RC cars are also cool. :car: :smile:

1 Like

So, I got my first spool LW-PLA and tried a test print with your settings. No modified g-code nothing. All I did, was editing the profile to your settings, disabled flow calibration, bed leveling and first layer check and hit print. This is the result. Not good, but far better than I expected.

4 Likes

Im building a plane right now with LW-PLA. Havent modified gcode just changed some setting. I think its coming out ok!! Ill post some pics

Which PLA-LW is that? I’ve been trying with the Polymaker PLA-LW, but I’m having trouble getting it to stick to the bed (PEI). It’s the only filament giving me that trouble.

It also oozes a lot more than I’d expect a pre-foamed to ooze.

1 Like

I’m using esun lw-pla.
The most important part is, to remove travel time. Once the print has started, don’t make him pause for anything, and use the fastest travel speed your printer is capable of.
Avoid crossing walls is also something I’m using for lw-pla. A bit of extruded material inside the print isn’t important, but if you cross the outer walls too often, the strings from the foaming material start to adhere in visible places. Removing them is annoying, especially if you only have one outer wall.
I had no problems with bed-adhesion. Only one time, I made the support stand to small, and as z-hopping does not work without retrakt, the nozzle kicked my support tower off the bed. So I added some glue stick and it worked perfekt

1 Like

Has anybody played with Polymaker PLA-LW? The documentation says it’s pre-foamed and supposed to print with typical PLA settings, but I’m having no luck with bed adhesion and the Polymaker or Generic PLA profiles.

1 Like

So I printed most of the parts of the plane, here is what it looks like.
It has some errors, like small ripped parts due to too sticky support material, but I don’t care about that much. The later parts are pretty fine now, as I learned much on how to handle the pla-lw and if I’m done with it, I’ll reprint it most likely.
So long story short: here it is.

3 Likes

Which LW-PLA did you use? Do you have any profiles you could share?

I’m using ePLA-LW Natural from eSUN.
I don’t have an own profile to share, I just edited the settings to those mowcius posted and reduced printing speed and some other small things.
I don’t know how to export all those settings.

1 Like

LOL I asked about PLA LW about 10 days ago, today I searched for PLA and found all of this.
Going to put the drier on and have another crack at it, any tweaks I will post (If I know how) here.

Thank you, I will plug these into my settings see if I can get the printing to look less like a SciFi character and more like a Spitfire.

1 Like

looks like you guys are having some success here, out of curiosity what temperatures are you using on the Esun LW PLA?

My X1C just showed up and am thinking about doing some testing on LW PLA in the coming days.

270°C, as shown in the picture on the first reply.
Good luck and have fun. :+1: :smiley:

Join titan dynamics on FB we use it for the planes! This group is amazing they even design and sell planes in stl files. I’m doing the raptor when my x1c comes next week

1 Like