Anyone use 3D design hardware to help in the slicer?

Spending more and more time in the slicer and my trackpad isn’t the best for changing views and rotating.

I’ve never purchased or used anything of this nature, but I’d assume I need something like this:

3Dconnexion 3DX-700040 SpaceMouse Pro 3D Mouse

Or

3DConnexion 3DX-700059 Spacemouse Compact 3D Mouse

Anyone have any recommendations on something that works in Bambu Studio and/or Orca Slicer?

1 Like

I have a 3dConnexion spacemouse, probably an older model though, I’ve had it for 6-7 years I guess. It does work in Bambu Studio, but it doesn’t work well. The sensitivity setting is so low, it takes way too long to turn and zoom. The device comes with some software where you can configure sensitivity settings but for some reason they have no effect in Bambu Studio.

Great when using with Fusion 360 or other CAD or 3d modelling programs if you want to make your own 3d models. I don’t think it’s worth it for Bambu Studio, unless there is some way of increasing the sensitivity that I don’t know of.

2 Likes

@ben_r found the undocumented keyboard shortcut (Ctrl-M) to make the 3dConnexion devices work a lot better in Bambu Studio.

7 Likes

Order my 3dconnexion 3D Spacemouse Wireless Kit 2. Will be in next Monday. :smiley::partying_face:

1 Like

I work as CAD/CAM Applications Engineer since 1995 and have been using 3D devices like Spaceball/Spacemouse for about 25 years now and is really addicted to it for viewing 3D objects, I was really frustrated about how slow it is in Bambu Studio until i learned about the Ctrl-M shortcut above, it really made my day!