Assign Plates to Different Printers

Hi everyone, my office runs a few printers for prototyping a mix between X1C’s and P1S printers.

A really handy feature would be to have build plates able to be assigned to a particular printer i.e we have parts sliced under an x1c profile on one plate and that plate is designated for one of our X1Cs and a plates sliced for a P1S and that’s designated for the P1S, including saving the particular build plate style to each slcied plate (engineering palte textured etc.). Then having the option for “Print All” to send the plates out to whichever respective printers are free. Hope that makes sense!

1 Like

Love to have this feature. My office has 30 P1P and sending print to each one by one has become task and I spend 30 minutes only to send prints to each printer.
There should be option to choose the printer name in a drop down list and the print all send the plates to respective printers.

It makes sense for you and many other users who have multiple printers. I think that you may be better served if the print read, store and share the plate type installed. This makes the process fully automated. And it’s not so hard, as BL already read the plate type (“qrcode”) and uses a similar process for the AMS filament.

1 Like

I dont think it can work that well. I mean the printer does not know if you swapped the bed, especially on the P1 series, it does not even have a door sensor to detect that it might have happened.

Also, as far as I know, the P1 series does not even have the option, correct?

So you would have to rely on the preset profiles for each printer. So it is only an option for people with a lot of different printers, good organization, and lots of different and changing models. So I fear the userbase who would need such a feature is just too small.

i second the need for this feature, this could like someone already stated help in decreasing the amount of time of printing by managing several plates on different printers