Auto switch filament doesn't work

This night, the AMS was supposed to switch filament when the spool in the slot 1 turned empty. I had the same settings of filament in the spool 2 and the “Auto switch filament” box was checked but when the spool turned empty, the X1 just told me that my spool was empty and it didn’t auto switch. Have you got any idea what went wrong?

The setting, i.e. type of filament and colour was the same in the AMS ?

Yes, they both were the same

Strange,. It did work here lately.

Are you running the latest firmware ?

I had the same problem. Does it only work with Bambulab filament?

P1P Problem?

I’m on the very last firmware and on an X1 carbon.
I notice a weird thing. Even tough both slots were generic PLA, the first one indicate a max temperature of 230C and the second one, a max temperature of 250C. I don’t know why, since, in Bambu Studio, i use the exact same filament setting for both slots in which the max temperature is… 240C. Seems like a bug to me…

“Are you running the latest firmware ?”
In one before firmware - it worked. In latest (yesterday upgrade) 01.04.00.00 (ams 00.00.05.96) stopped working - only reminder on lcd “filament ran out, put another”.
I have checked option in AMS “filament backup” - is on.
I have 4 identical filaments set in AMS (color, profile general pla, etc)

1 Like

Yes i have the very last firmware which just came out. So Ok, i’m not the only one. This is a bug in the new firmware. I hope they solve that quickly.

2 Likes

Ok, when you click here (red arrow), the next window shows the options. The last one should be activated. Then, in the AMS itself, the type and colour of the filament have to be the same.

3 Likes

Yes, as explained, i know all that, it just doesn’t work anymore since the last firware update

2 Likes

Try turning your printer off for a few seconds then on again using the switch at the back

That will power off your AMS as well and it should correct any discrepancy from the previous firmware in the printer and the AMS

If that doesn’t work try a reset via the touch screen

That being said after the latest firmware update i noticed the filament selection on the screen was wrong so I cycled the power switch once (off for about 10 seconds then back on) and its been stellar ever since

I think a lot of people having issues with the latest firmware should try cycling the power first as I’ve described because there might be a weird conflict after the firmware update is complete on some machines

Worked for me

I have turned off my X1 since the problem but haven’t add the occasion to have an auto filament switch. I hope this will work next time.

Im also having the same issue with my X1C. I have the auto switch over box checked and also had two rolls of black generic pla loaded in AMS. The spool that ran out was in slot 1 and the spool I wanted it to change to was in slot 3. Do the spools need to be in side by side slots or something (ie:1 and 2 in my case)?

Same here. Brand new Carbon and no failover. All set the same and it just waits for filament to be inserted in the exact same AMS slot. Up to date, and has been powered cycled several times.

Today mine automatically switched to bay 4, after bay 1 ran out. So I would say it looks for type and color.

It would be nice if I could specify that I cared only about type and not color. For functional parts, color doesn’t matter to me.

1 Like

Lie to your AMS. Works with third party filament, I’ve not tried it with the Bambu spools yet.

1 Like

1st print ever (I am a noob) and the AMS selected the wrong filament and used PA-CF for a PLA bed scraper print. Wasted a couple of hours trying to figure out why the filament would not stick to the bed.

Odd how the screen just tells you PLA but does not select the PLA spool.

Just tell the AMS they are the same color.