Auto switch filament doesn't work

Same problem, i will try BambuStudio V1.5 beta

(I have the problem with v1.6.2.4 Bambu Studio)

Just sharing…

I’ve have occasions where the AMS cycled through to the next qualified filament and continued with no hitch. But I’ve also had one occurrence where it just decided it wasn’t going to work correctly.

On the failure, I received the error “Spool one is out of filament” (don’t remember the number), and all of the AMS slots were blinking red. I swapped the rolls around to make the spool 1 slot populated, but it still continued to blink red. Unplugged the AMS and plugged it back in, and it reset, and recognized was had filament and what didn’t, then went back to flashing red.

I decided to just add another roll of filament and kill the power to the printer and restart it. This corrected the AMS issue, but when I clicked resume, the printer forgot it was using the AMS (defaulted to the external filament) and just continued to print in the air as there was no external filament connected. I cancelled the print and restarted it and the machine worked as if there was never an issue. I did nothing other than replace the filament and restart everything. No jam clearance, no load or unload sequence… nothing. But something cross its logic up and failed the switch over.

For future reference, before clicking the “>” play button to resume, I would suggest people manually prime the nozzle before resuming if the system hiccups and doesn’t automate the sequence.

By the way Bambu, THANK YOU for making the resume print option so much more intuitive. The BBL file mess was just odd.

Me too …Autoswitch is not working.

I also had the same issue today. I actually stayed to watch what would happen when it ran out. It paused. I had to put a new spool in slot 1 to get it to continue, not a biggy but I really wanted to see it change on its own. I guess we wait for the next firmware update.

I had an auto switch failure yesterday with my P1P. As I said before, it was working, but yesterday I got the red lights on the AMS and it forced me to reset the printer to move forward. Unfortunately, I trusted the recovery to work and it didn’t. Lost that print. I wonder if they changed something in the last firmware update, I noticed the power recovery is different too. No more BBL file to go searching for, so that’s positive, but I’d prefer it to work.

One other weird thing happened, during the recovery it never loaded the filament or recognized there was no filament in it. It was just air printing without any of the aids recognizing a problem. I hope they didn’t screw up the help functions with the firmware changes.

Make sure its the exact same color not another tint of that color it wont work and is showing exact same play both need be same brand etc. I made the mistake of hair different color filament on the selector.

After several tests, I confirm, auto switch doesn’t work anymore. :frowning:

One month later and it still doesn’t works on my X1C, really annoying as it’s a very good option.

I had no issue with it auto switching abs spools last night. Running the latest firmware.

5 Likes

Had you updated the firmware, or did you hold off due to the other issues?

I’m on the newest P1P firmware and its working again.

Hi,
I’ve tried again, and I confirm that on my printer it’s not working at all.

1 Like

HOW IS THIS STILL A PROBLEM
I woke up to my filament on spool 4 out and tried to refill it since the ams had failed to auto switch last week. It keeps trying to pull out the remaining filament when it detects that it ran out and just leaves the filament sitting right on the sensor so I can’t even feed it.
Didn’t have the issue when it happened with a bambu filament. When a generic runs out it doesn’t let me refill, and won’t auto switch. I had to pull the ptfe tube from the coupler and pull the filament hard out of the ams to load a new one. Why does generic get caught and left at the initial extruder but official dilemma doesn’t? This seems like a deliberate firmware issue.

I’ve ventured into large print territory and found myself on this thread. On an X1C firmware: 01.06.05.01 AMS Auto-refill not functioning. All bambu filament, removed empty roll and switched to a full roll from a different slot that was originally indicated to refill, in order to continue. Fault remains on screen until print is complete. Kinda glad I’m not the only one with this issue.

Tried this for the first time and sadly didnt work but mine for whatever reason decided to continue with the external spool which isnt even attached so that was weird

My guess is that it didn’t work because your filaments are set for different colours. The spool information has to be identical.

4 Likes

Sadly they were the exact same Generic PLA and the exact same colour as I made sure of that before starting so like above for others it is not a great feature unfortunately.

I do not think if you are loading the filament from the external spool it will switch to the AMS when the filament runs out. This only applies to if you have the same rolls loaded in the AMS will the automatic switch over take place,

Sorry maybe I wasnt clear I had nothing on the external spool and no tube was going to anything as I only use the AMS but it switched to the External when the filament ran out on the first roll even though there was nothing there and has never been used.

Using the printers screen. Go to the filament configuration screen. Click on the external edit pen. On that pop up screen, there is a reset button to reset that slot to empty. Then the printer should not select that slot. Resynce your BS to the printer.

1 Like