Autodek inventot

Bonjour,
Est-il possible d’importer des fichiers .ipt ?
Sinon la fonction a t’elle été demandée ?
Bonne journée

Good morning,
Is it possible to import .ipt files?
If not, was the function requested?
Good day

Hello and Welcome!

.ipt files are a 3D drawing or CAD file as I understand. To bring a file into Bambu Studio (or any other 3D Slicer software) that “drawing” must be converted to a “Mesh file”.

A Mesh file has the drawing converted into 3D triangles. That is the type of file needed.

The “standard” for 3D mesh files for years has been the .stl file (Google what is an .stl file). It stores the mesh which the slicer software (Bambu Studio) converts into commands for the 3D printer.

We are now seeing a move away from .stl files to a newer file called a .3mf file which hold the mesh like an .stl does, but also can store things like picture of the model, PDF documents of instructions like assembly of complex prints, and even machine settings!

This allows someone to post a file and someone with the same machine import the file ready to be printed with all the original settings intact.

This is a big improvement over a simple mesh file, yes? :slightly_smiling_face:

So what you need to do with the .ipt file is convert it to an .3mf or if that’s not available in your design software, to an .stl.

Virtually all design software has this Export feature built in. What Design software do you use?

.ipt is used by Autodesk and its the native format from Inventor and Fusion i think. A .stl-file describes the geometry of a part only with polygons as its shell. The most types of software are not able to change something at a stl-file, so its is mostly used to show a geometry to others or bring it to other programs that use it to print or other things. .stl is a format nearly every CAD-Software is able to open but they can not edit it easily.
.3mf is the next step of format, that is able to transport more information between different CAD-Systems or other software.

More Information

BR

Not going to happen.

Studio will load .step files which retain full accuracy and component part information.

Bonjour à tous.
Merci pour les réponses.
Dans cura un pluging tres fonctionnel existe pour importer une pièce de inventor vers cura sans l exporter.
Ce workflow est tres utile pour le prototypage, les modifications se font instantanément et dans l air du BIM…
Je me disais que cette imprimante est clairement le maitre achat pour tout bureau voulant realiser du prototypage et je me disais que cette fonction serait tres appréciée, voir devenir un critère de vente.
Lien cura : https://thopiekar.eu/cura/cad/inventor/
Merci et bonne journée

Hello everyone.
Thanks for the answers.
In cura a very functional plugin exists to import a part from inventor to cura without exporting it.
This workflow is very useful for prototyping, modifications are made instantly and in the air of BIM…
I told myself that this printer is clearly the master purchase for any office wanting to carry out prototyping and I told myself that this function would be very appreciated, and even become a selling criterion.
Cura link: https://thopiekar.eu/cura/cad/inventor/
Thank you and good day

I’ve used Cura for many years but never used that Import function.

IF Cura can IMPORT it can also EXPORT a 3mf file so you could do that in just a few seconds then open the 3mf file in Bambu Studio. This is a quick workaround for now.

Cheers!