Automatically delete outdated print profiles

Issue:
A designer might update it’s print object or add build plates on a regular basis. When there are also print profiles of other people they’re often outdated and miss the updated objects or plates.

Solution:
When we upload changes as a designer and activate the notification for the profile creators there should be a timeframe in which the have to update their profiles too. Maybe a few days or a week. If that’s over the profiles that didn’t got updated should be deleted.

I second this. Few days or a week might be a bit short. But I agree completely on the principle.

I think it should also be interesting to add a label, visible for everyone, on the profiles that are outdated.

I think I would prefer to see some sort of versioning system. If an author releases v2.0.0.0.1, profiles for v2.0 are still useful, they should just be distinguishable in some way.

Maybe I am going the wrong direction here or missed the point - my apologies if that’s the case…

If changes or updates are made shouldn’t there there be an AUTOMATED way to forward those to all the creators and makers ?
I don’t use any of this but do similar in other areas…

If I would download models and such from Makerworld or affiliated site it would only be logical for them to land in a corresponding collection in Bambu Studio.
For things NOT already in there or from a USB stick, Email or such it would make sense to have an automated check for updates.
At least for all those relying on the cloud services anyway it should not be hard to implement.
Like that any aspect of the model and files can be updated for everyone as soon as they go online.
Be it model files, 3MF files or just profile changes.
Is that really not already implemented by Bamabu somewhere ?

changes gives a notification to users… if users dont modify the part or print profile then yeah meaby but you can also just report it …

A label is also a good idea. Less harsh than deleting, but the end-user would know which profiles might be outdated or miss changes.