Availability of filaments

Currently, it does not take long after the announcement of the availability of a filament until the filament is out of stock again.

Is there any improvement in sight that enough filament is kept in stock?

1 Like

I need to add that I’m talking about the EU store. :wink:

4 Likes

At least starting from today PLA Matte is available in the basic colors black, blue, green and blue. I’m still waiting for TPU, PC and the support filaments.

1 Like

The Basic pla filament isnt available since early december in eu. Pls bambu do something about it…

Today in the EU store the support filaments for PLA, PA/PET and TPU is back in stock.
PC is still not available. :frowning:

In the future will Bambu filaments be available from other distributors?

I would love to have the likes of Amazon being able to sell genuine Bambu filament and perhaps parts too.

Would it be worth having your own store on Amazon?

They may eventually get there, but Amazon can be pretty aggressive on their cut, so it may not make sense.

I’ve also seen also some cultural bias against Amazon, so there’s that too.

But I, like you, are hopeful!

1 Like

Any alternative good working filament manufacturer?

They have open job listings for a position to stock their items on Amazon, so I assume it’s only a matter of time. Looks like they want to sell on other platforms too.

I’d really like to see them offer wholesale purchasing, but given how low the stock is on their own website, I’d guess we have a long way to go before we get to that. However, I’d guess that once they get to a point where they are able to sell on Amazon, they’d have to have a ton of stock for everyone.

Polymaker. And if you don’t want to use their cardboard spools you can use this solution.
Polymaker and Duramic Cardboard Spool Adapter by 3Designforlife | Download free STL model | Printables.com
I’ve also used Hatchbox, eSun and 3DXtech. 3DXtech does not fit in the AMS.

2 Likes

I ordered some basic PLA on march 3rd (EU store) when it was available … still haven’t received my order :neutral_face:

Just got an email that my order is on the way :laughing:

I’ll second the Polymaker. They used to be very expensive but they’ve dropped their prices to competitive range while maintaining great quality and very good batch to batch consistency. Hard Vacuum with thick bags too.

Their documentation is the best I’ve seen, with all the plastic’s characteristics listed, comparison charts, the usual settings data, even strength / heat resistance etc data clearly shown.

Here’s another solution for making the spools AMS compatible that uses much less plastic (and a fast print time) but still works nicely:
https://www.printables.com/model/297018-cardboard-spool-rim-with-minimal-sides

One thing for me is that the filament is not in stock, but what I find atrocious is that I cannot place orders for later delivery.

It is a waste of time to have to go to the bloody website to order one filament that comes in!

It would also be really nice if you had filament information that would say ex. that this product is good for ex. fixtures… Engineering parts…

Maybe not everyone will agree. But an optional (!) “auto shipment” when a filament is about to run out would be really cool. Bambu Lab could keep track how much of each filament is used and then send a new spool - of course without shipment cost if you choose such a subscription. :wink:

Hi! We seem to be chasing each other around on the forum today, LOL

Not BL filament but this might be interesting to you -

Polymaker makes such info available for their filaments. There will be differences, sometimes large ones, but in general the data is valid across to other filament brands.

PETG (for example) has certain properties no matter who makes it.
Now, different makers blend different PETG formulas so one might have better flex and another might be more impact resistant but the general stats will be close.

This from them is also interesting -

I have used this (just bought another reel) and it’s an excellent filament. If you look on the 6th or 7th page they show charts comparing their filaments in an easy to see format.

I would love for BL to offer this sort of info, but they are a reseller of branded filament, not the maker. Most filament makers do not want to share this level of info for fear of allowing others to understand what they’re doing and copy it … cheaper.

Or to show their claims are really … misleading. Or outright lies. I’ve had trouble getting some makers to tell me their drying temps never mind their impact data!

Finally, BL does indeed give a fair amount of general info on their pages, like this one:

They also include charts with Impact resistance, and a lot more data than I see on most filament sales pages.
Cheers!

I dreamt that the Bambu Lab EU store had become a normal store, always having a stock of filaments. I could buy all kinds of spools etc etc … and then my wife woke me up … :sob: :sob: :sob:

1 Like

This is a really good video on filaments for engineering

1 Like

This is the problem when you get it so right in such a start time. Supply cannot keep up with demand.

1 Like

Are all UK store orders fulfilled by Yodel? :face_vomiting:

6 days to make a delivery! (we don’t work at the weekend) I just hope another courier can improve this, or as my earlier post Amazon so I can prime next day a delivery, I don’t want to have to have spools of filament in stock at home, but I do like a regular delivery.