Avoid printed parts when traveling

I think this feature is a must when x1c and p1p are running so fast.
I’m manufacturing a lot of smal parts using ASA, that are printed close together to be able to fit them as many as possible on the build plate.
The existing feature "avoid crossing walls’ doesn’t work in this case, It is being ignored and the nozzle is storming across the parts hitting them. Using the Z hop makes the parts ugly.
Cura has this feature and I love it.

3 Likes

I have a similar problem. There are times when the printer leaves a little bump of filament, especially when it is adding a very short inner perimeter in a corner. When I only have a few parts there is less chance of hitting a bump, and possibly more important the bumps are still soft. As I add more parts I eventually get to a point where the nozzle hits a bump that is very solid and knocks the part loose.

There are many posts about hearing a sound like the nozzle is hitting something. In those cases the part is large enough that hitting a semi-solid bump makes noise without knocking it loose.

there are other posts about printing tall parts and they constantly get knocked loose when almost complete. It is another case of the nozzle hitting bumps raised about the current layer surface.

It would be great if someone could provide a good solution to this that works in all cases.

I think the paramater “Avoid crossing wall” is what you looking for.
It is located at Quality → Advanced → Avoid crossing wall