Axis alignment cube

I find it very difficult aligning modifiers and primitives with inserted parts in Bambu Studio without an axis alignment cube to set the plate precisely to xyz axis. For example, I have a cylinder on it’s side and I want to add a cylinder modifier to fit exactly over the center axis but only half way along it’s length. I realise I can do it by entering in coordinates but it would be a lot easier to click say the front or side of an axis cube then use the move tool. Or even snap to the object center then move it along the axis. Am I missing something or maybe someone has a better method to improve workflow?

I would second the need for a view cube. I am a new user so please advise if the is already possible. As an example when applying text in BS, I need to look directly down at the surface of my object to position text properly.

Regards D.G.

I have found the answer to my own question!
Control + 1= top view!

Control plus other numbers + various orthographic views.
File menu > View > shows the various options

Well done. Was that mentioned in the help? I have switched to orthogonal view, easier for alignment. Also it does snap to a level plate using the scroll wheel. BUT I would still prefer a cube as all the other programs I use for development and drawing use cubes. So much easier.