Bad print quality after latest update

Hello, I updated my p1s to the lastest firmware a few days ago and noticed that I was getting more banding and other related issues around the same time. The reason I think it is the latest firmware is that the only thing I has change from before I noticed the bad prints until now was the software. Or could this just have been something damaged when I got it about 3 weeks ago that has slowly gotten worse as the default benchy prints consistently with a weird line in the same spot on all of them. I have tried cleaning the rods and retentioning the belts but it didn’t help. Is there anything I can do to fix it or do or just have to wait for a new update or should I contact support?

Print settings:
Standard speed
Standard slicer profile with default settings except more walls.
Elegoo filament, dried for several hours before use.

TLDR; Got printer less than 3 weeks ago, printed almost perfect(benchy had line in same place on all prints) around time of last update prints started sucking with no other changes.

Print before the update, looks perfect:

Print after update, looks bad (supposed to be a complete smooth face)

1 Like

Update:
Just completed another print and it also appears that the corners are angled even though they should be straight up and down.

1 Like

Did you make the recalibration after upgrading to the newest version?
If not, do so… that might be the issue.

Yes I recalibrate after the update and it is sitting on a solid wood table so it’s on a solid base as well. I also forgot to mention the grey print is petg and the black one is pla if that helps/matters.

I also prefer ABS over PETG at that time, i dont know whats wrong on my P1S

3Djupp I don’t know if your prints have a similar issue as mine but I think my issue is z-banding related

or bulgding Bulging | Ellis’ Print Tuning Guide

I’m going to try settings segested today and report what happens.

Disregard the bad quality after the update as I looked back at my previous prints closer and realized they had the same issue but the filament color and mattness made it hard to see so my issue has been happening the entire time I’ve had the printer and with different brands and types of filaments.

1 Like

It seems a lot of us are starting to have this issue. After 3 months of flawless printing, i started to get issues. Filaments snapping etc. All the issues i could fix. Then the z axis problem started with goop catching the thread. (This is a design issue and bamboo need to look at this) Now after the last update my prints are getting shredded. It started with just the outer layer becoming very rough. Now the prints just get shredded. I have made no changes to previous settings and it doesnt matter which brand of filament i use. These printers are not going to be plug and play for many many years to come.

It seems you are having problems with fingerprints after updating your firmware. While this may be related to the update, it may also be worth considering other factors such as the status of the printer or printing settings. Try checking the condition of the printer’s physical components, such as pins and belts, to make sure they are in good condition.

Sorry for the late, but this true!!! Before firmware update my prints was accurate in size and quality, after update my prints have same lines you have in your prints.

I tried to clean and recalibrate but not luck same . Tried different settings but same. I use PLA and ABS and PLA+. X1C