Bad print results with a new printer

Hello everyone,

I have a new P1S printer with AMS, unfortunately the results are currently very poor and often show errors. I have already performed calibrations and resets, but the problems remain. Does anyone have an idea why?

I last printed the following:

Now I have noticed the following errors on the “legs”, what could be the reason? I have selected extra Arachne for the wall generation.

Such cases are currently occurring more frequently. In addition, the printer “scratches” on the X/Y axis, everything has been cleaned and greased where necessary, the belt has been tightened and everything is properly calibrated.

Any Ideas? :frowning:

I wouldn’t call those results “very poor”. The print profile could use a little tweaking to clean up the overhang corner. What type of filament are you using?

2 Likes

Can you show a photo confirming the print orientation?

But it looks like under-extrusion and/or perhaps too low a temperature to me - the layers do not appear to be fusing together.

The gyroid infill avoids the nozzle crossing other infill lines and may stop the “scratching”.

There is lots of good diagnostic information in these two articles:

1. Common print quality problems and solutions | Bambu Lab Wiki

2. Bad Print Quality: Causes and Solutions | Bambu Lab Wiki

To test, change only one thing at a time, and perhaps cut the model and only print a sub-section that is printing poorly to save time and filament while you iterate through trouble-shooting.

out of curiousity, what filament brand are you using? I have purchased 12 rolls of bambu labs that has been printing fantastic for me, on the other hand I have purchased 9 rolls of overture and I have been having nothing but issues.

I have only used Bambu Lab org. PLA Filament.

I have used the “designer” profile for P1S printers. The headphone stand lay on build plate.

Hello,

I have another picture :frowning_face:

Any idea why? I used Bambulab original PLA Matte.

Why the printer have problems with round objects ?!

This is the model:

Classic adhesion issues. Your plate isn’t clean.

Is this also normal for the curves? I cleaned the print bed very thoroughly beforehand with alcohol and then with a sponge and detergent.

Why are the curves so crooked and uneven?

It looks like this on another printer:

Then the first layer wall prints, if there is poor adhesion the nozzle will pull the wall it just printed along with it as it continues along the curve. That is what is causing the “segmentation” you are seeing. Then when the infill for the first layer is printed there isn’t the pulling force and it will adhere better. This gives the next layers something to print on.

Things to try (in numbered order).

1. Hot water and dawn to clean the plate (give it a really good scrub and don’t touch the plate)
  2. Add 5-10 degrees to the bed temperature
  3. Add a brim to parts with 0 “Brim-Object Gap”
1 Like

Have you tried a liquid glue like show here, which works as an adhesive and also a release agent? PETG very hard to remove from bed - #3 by CanDo

Yes tried this glue nothing help :-(. At the moment I think that the printer have problems…

Did you select textured plate in bambu studio? Textured plate option does bring the nozzle closer to the plate when printing first layer to counteract the fact that the Z homing will be done on the “peak” of the texture. If you select any other plate, you may encounter your issue.

1 Like

Thank for this information, but yes I have selected the textured plate in bambu studio.

Can you check that in the machine start section of your printer settings you have the following:
“;===== for Textured PEI Plate , lower the nozzle as the nozzle was touching topmost of the texture when homing ==
;curr_bed_type={curr_bed_type}
{if curr_bed_type==“Textured PEI Plate”}
G29.1 Z{-0.04} ; for Textured PEI Plate
{endif}”

Unless you deliberately modified the machine gcode, it is there but just in case…

I’m saying that because your issue, unless the plate is dirty but you confirmed it’s clean, looks like a z homing issue. Is your nozzle tip dirty, a melted bit of filament stuck on the tip may produce this, homing becoming imperfect. The printer does a good job at cleaning the tip before homing a start of each print but worth to check. At last resort, try to change the machine gcode in the section above from -0.04 to -0.06 to verify that first layer adhesion is for sure an issue with z homing. -0.06 will squish first layer an additionnal 0.02 which will help.

Have you got another plate you can use?
Try the engineering or cool plate with the liquid glue.

On the PEI plate. Wash with derergent, rinse, dry then clean with IPA and a clean, lint free cloth.

@JokerPrint : If you haven’t solved this yet, or read the following thread, just perhaps there’s something in there that may help:

1 Like