Bad surface layers

Hi All,
Last days i have been having issues with the top layers of my prints. I ave tried different filament but PETG abd PLA give the ame results. Tried calibrating the machine but no luck. Does anybody have the solution for this?First layers looks oke as the walls do also. Its just the top surface

What exactly is the problem that you are trying to fix?
the staircase steps on the inclined surfaces?

Try different top surface patterns to see if some print the curve better. You can also try variable layer height, which will make the steps smoother.

2 Likes

Normally the steps are smooth. Now i see the arrow shaped forms

I tried a different model and that was fine. So no printer issues but just a slicer setting. Wil have a try at what you mentioned tomorrow. Thanks for the answer

could be over extrusion or the part was warping/lifting off the build plate on that edge causing the nozzle to scrape pushing the material to the sides when doing those staircase ledges.
In the preview you will likely see this type of nozzle movement patterns that give you those “arrows” when material gets pushed to the sides of the nozzle.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.